Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Friend Stole My Steam Account??! Help

Georgi74

My steam account is on auto login and now today it signed me out and wanted a password, usually that happens when theres a password change. i tried what i thought was my password but it didnt work and so didnt 15 other combinations. i try resetting it but it says its not connecting to steam network. so i go on www.steam.com, try to reset it and it says an email has been sent but none of my email address got anything ! so i went to my last used email address for steam and suprising i find out that i had 5 emails from steam about someone accessing my account from a different computer and a email change, so im like fuck he changed the email. but as i went up i see an order placed for my friend a few houses down, and im like why is his order information for some stuff on steam doing on my email address?! me and him always kinda had a thing between us and he has gone into an old game account of mine a while back but honestly it all points to him and i wouldn't be surprised if it is him. i hit him on facebook and just said "lol did you change my email address for my steam account? i cant login!" and sent him a screenshot of my email with his order in it and the email change emails are in it too. i dont want to get assertive because im sure he'll just not reply , but hopefully if i try to play it off as a joke and the fact that i caught him might make him give it to me? Help, i really dont know what to do, steam has horrible customer service, there own damn page for support wont load but i always go on hellsgamers servers for years and iv been an admin their before but now i cant play cause of my asshole ex friend. any advice guys :(

This can't be addressed enough.

NEVER give out your bloody password / login to anyone.

Honestly I wonder how you didn't notice your friend would act in such a way, but walk up to him in person and demand it back.

If nothing has been done and you can't retrieve through neither Paypal nor chatting with your bud. I suggest involving the police.