Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fixing A Growing Problem In Zs: Zombie Rage-Quits

ChrisNoobSlayer

So as many regular players will know, what happens is that once a human dies from a zombie, most of the time, they rage quit when either there are more humans than zombies or when there's at least 20+ humans alive. So I have a proposal.

To balance it all out and make new zombies actually stay, zombies should receive points when they deal damage. I'm thinking that for every 10 damage dealt, 1 point is given to that player. Of course, there's going to be some criteria:

• Nailed props
  • Humans
  • Aegis boards
  • Turrets
  • Arsenal crates
  • Resupply crates
  • Much more(that I can't think of at the moment)

Now, to answer questions I'm going to expect:

Q: Woah dude, the zombies could easily rack up tons points.

A: So? Many people make hundreds some times even thousands(EDIT: a couple thousand) of points per game, why can't we introduce that into the zombie team?

Q: Wouldn't that make it OP for boss zombies?

A: Well, it's like two humans, one having a grim, one not having a grim, now tell me, don't you think that the guy with the grim is gonna make more points then the guy without a grim?

Q: Can't zombies earn tons of points by destroying a nailed prop from an empty area?

A; So? Humans can make a decent profit by a single one discovering a nearly damaged prop, and repairing it.

So, in a summary:

Pros: Keeps new zombies (fresh dead if you will) will have a higher chance to stay on the server, points are not only added to their point balance but also to their GameTracker ranking.

Cons: Zombies can get distracted and not help the zombie team at all because they're too busy finding empty cades/ empty areas with nailed props so they can earn points.

As usual, I'm open to changing some aspects of this idea as well as I'm open to opinions.

Edited by ReaperRaptor
  • Like 4

Problemo amigo.

Some Zombies do more than 10 damage(all of them but humpers).

Also players don't earn thousands of points per game they earn a few hundred ( 150 - 350 avg. ). You realize that humans spend points to earn them or to even waste them at most. Zombies would probably earn a lot more points than humans would depending. Also players "rage quit" as some people would think everyone does. You die losing something expensive and you leave to cool off or you die and leave cause you plan on doing something after that but anyways maybe thinking of a better way than just points.

Problemo amigo.

Some Zombies do more than 10 damage(all of them but humpers).

Also players don't earn thousands of points per game they earn a few hundred ( 150 - 350 avg. ). You realize that humans spend points to earn them or to even waste them at most. Zombies would probably earn a lot more points than humans would depending. Also players "rage quit" as some people would think everyone does. You die losing something expensive and you leave to cool off or you die and leave cause you plan on doing something after that but anyways maybe thinking of a better way than just points.

Alright, well I'm aware that some zombies do 10+ damage, the grim and many other weapons do incredible damage also. And I only said that they sometimes obtain a couple thousand(I'm going to rephrase that in my original post). I remember when I got about 1000 points on infected turbine. And I actually agree with you about humans spending their points, and maybe we can change it from 10 damage = 1 point to 100 damage = 1 points, something along those lines.

A player could just simply farm points like this:

1.Buy a hammer and nail as many props as you can.

2.Go zombie

3.Destroy those props

It will more likely be point farming rather than playing the game itself as zombie, a lot of people just likes to pointwhore, so a lot of people will just go zombie all games

• Like 1

2.Go zombie

3.Destroy those props

It will more likely be point farming rather than playing the game itself as zombie, a lot of people just likes to pointwhore, so a lot of people will just go zombie all games

I actually see that as both a pro and a con.

The way the zs server is currently run, not very many people have over 10k in points. Only the people who play there every single day have a lot of points. As I've repeatedly said it will be considered as the idea. The numbers (should this even be decided to be added) will be decided by gmod leadership. Keep suggesting things though. We can never have too many suggestions.

2.Go zombie

3.Destroy those props

We could stop that, zombies can't earn points from nails belonging to dead people.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I do sometimes enjoy playing as zombies, but considering you only get a point per kill and the average amount of kills on zombie team is about 2-3 per person, I feel that a way for them to earn a little more would be a good idea.

I always thought 5-10 points per kill would be a fair trade. Kills are usually spread across the team and I rarely see someone go very far past 10-15 human kills unless they've been zombie from the start and played very well.