Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Where Do You Guys Want To Go With Lol In Hg?

StyleeZy

Hi. I'm posting here because a lot of you who play LoL and have been long - standing members of the strategy side of this community will not know me and may be wondering why i'm a dA for your division! I'm a former Counter-Strike:Source DA and have recently (after a nice talk with BigJ) switched over to strat and will be focused solely on League Of Legends. I have a lot of plans to grow our community to make it an actual resource for players learning the game all the way to an atmosphere diamond players can enjoy. I have a lot of things and ideas to brainstorm and sort out how to accomplish, but would love to hear any ideas/suggestions to make being a strat member better and attract new members! Some of the main ideas I had in mind were

â–  Does Aram Mondays sound like a fun thing we would like to bring back to HG? ( A day in which we all play a few arams, have a few laughs and hangout )

â–  Do we need more teamspeak channels? I see a lot of you guys seperated into some other channels (The main Strat channel, etc etc) and can understand that as of right now there's only a few channels for you guys to use if you are playing as a group ( or if multiple groups are playing simutaneously and need their own voice room ).

â–  Events! I am completely open to all LoL based event ideas, some of which suggested have been a 1v1 tournament, a 2v2 tournament, 5v5 tournament, the 'Donger Dash' (Custom game by Phantoml0rd), hide n' seek (done on dominon map. There are a few other things we could do but if anyone has any creative suggestions, please tell me!

â–  If I was to create a rewards-for-referrals program for a few months ( The member of strat who gets the most users to join our community and have their name appear as 'referrer' would get a prize ) would some of you be interested?

â–  The 'Builds' section and 'News' section of LoL subforum, what do you want to see in those? Obviously builds & news, but more specific. Perhaps each time a new champion comes out a few people could submit build orders and we could make a few and mention the ELO's of each persons build etc ( the more usefull our forum is, the more people will come here! ). I will start adding patch notes and game updates to the news section automatically, so be sure to check there every so often.

â–  Ranked 5's, it's been tried and tested but we should consider trying to gather a few plat~diamond players and make an effort to get the HG name out there! If we managed to play vs a top team on a livestream etc, it could be a great way to attract players!

â–  An alternative to the mass-recruitment drive i was considering posting a prize (RP , Skin code , etc) and everytime you get someone to join our community, your name gets entered. The more recruits, the more entries!

That summarizes where i'm at as the new DA of this division and I hope we can make a lot of good change happen! If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reply below or PM me via HG forums.

My League of legends account : Platinum 3 Account - IGN : Phaded | I also have access to a bronze 3 account if anyone would like to duo who is too far away! Add me up! :)

• Like 3

Im down for ARAM Mondays :) its always fun and full of jokes and laughs.

As for the 5x5 Team, i think we should have a couple in each division, (Plat - Diamond) and (Silver - Gold) that way we have more than one team going for people that want to join in but arent as experienced.

Edit: Reading over your post again i also like the idea of being able to recieve the "referrer" tag for recruiting people to strat division :)

Edited by Bunjee

I didn't like ARAM MOndays because I did not like Aram lol Still don't. I like the idea of a team. Me and a few others are planning to make a team in the clan but I'm not sure I'm in favor of the idea anymore.

I do feel like in order to grow the community we need to have better representation, so maybe the idea of having some of the higher level players coach a little or something. I want to improve and now that I found my champion and the lane I like playing most, I want to master that champion and I honestly feel like I can represent for HG in games. I'm not saying I could do said coaching but I know enough to rep the tag lol Anyway, just my opinion.

Aram Mondays, or doesn't even have to be Monday still sounds great. Honestly I'd also be down for 5v5 normal's if that ever happens. LoL 10MANS op.

Maybe we could get a Hellsgamers ranked league team, like the best of hg team. Then other HG teams for other members. (Teams could enter tournaments and scrim with other community's idk :/)

If we ever get enough people, maybe in the future a tournament like last years css tournament, open to everyone. ( friends of hg etc)

I like the refer a friend idea, that should happen. D;

Edited by Arezk

10 mans or 5v5's with 10 people from in teamspeak will be difficult. Teams will never be equal, there is a sort of way to attempt to even them by figuring out skill levels but honestly, it will end like it always did. Someone will get pissed off because they lost or someone will be mad they got a team stacked against them. Literally the same shit happens in css and csgo 10mans.

We've tried time and time again to do events and it seemed there was a lack of interest in the community as far as league of legends goes.

I do however see the large surge in players emerging that actually do play League and it's pretty awesome to see that. There are ways to make fun events, but not events like other games would bring. A large player base for a long amount of time to keep players interested. It just didn't happen. Hopefully that can change now, or in the very near future.

I really hope this gets off the ground.

Even though it's been posted so many times. ARAM mondays.

Also we should have a "Learn how to lane" event where people who are good at ranked teach people who are not so good (like me) how to play lanes.

There's a chat-channel that used to (may still) exist that was called Silver Vs Plat, where silver players could play vs Plat players in a game with the intent to learn and see if they truely belong in silver, could be fun.

• 2 weeks later...