Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Competitive Matchmaking Guide *work In Progress*

Another important thing that needs to be added to this is how to deal with toxic players. Even if you have thick skin they can set you on tilt (make you too emotional), and distract you (whether it be from making to much noise on the mic or being the player you need to calm down). If the former is the case then be I would suggest being more liberal with the mute button.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome guide. I'll admit the competitive aspect of CS:GO has been putting me off, I quite honestly find it a bit intimidating. It's been years since I've played in a semi competitive (Around 2007 in DoD). I'm pretty sure my mouse really needs to be dialed in properly but honestly its a bit odd (and Probably should be another thread.).

You touched on the sound aspect of Counter Strike. The question I would have is what headset would work well for this as an overall recommendation? I don't mean which is the absolute best but maybe a list of 3 could be chosen that work well for listening for sounds. I ask this because with my Headset (MS LIfechat 3k) I can literally hear everything including things happening halfway across the maps. This doesn't really help and I'm not getting much (there is some) directional input for everything.

Edited by Alten_Geist
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...