Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Change Zs Forever!

FuzzyNutz117

So as many people know Gmod survival has some very old models. Guns, skins, Props, turrets, Ect. Lately, many players have talked about ZS and many ask the question why isnt there new maps, and what not. I agree highly with them. Well i have a solution to Jazz Gmod up a bit.... Well a lot! Not completely change gmod into something different but give it that one thing different that sets the HG ZS server way above and beyond the rest. If you liked the half life series, check out Black Mesa source if you havent already. its a free remake of Half Life and i must say they made one hell of an amazing game. they have created over 1500 new props and 2000 new textures for the game on the source engine. the gameplay is like that of Half Life 2. which is essentially garrys mod. so it wouldnt be that hard to change some weapon skins and sounds. maybe even include these new props in to new maps for ZS, becuase we all know ZS needs new maps, props and models, maps and better reasons for zombies to not ragequit really bad. even the textures could be included and since Valve and steam Plan to sell the last portion of Black mesa source called Xen, along with a multiplayer game. The creators of black mesa wanted to sell it at first but since since Valve initially created it they ended up getting into legal issues, so it was decided you could download it for free. Download it for free at www.blackmesasource.com play the game, check out the new things that could be incorporated into gmod. some new player models, both for humans and zombies, models like a security officer, soldiers, Scientist and a young Kleiner and Eli, even some female models for the girls out there. along with new zombie models. the military props like ammo boxes and turrets, Trip mines, Grenades, and other guns are great and would give better looking gameplay than outdated skins textures and models currently used in ZS. its 2014 and gmod ZS hasnt changed since forever ago. i understand Hells Gamers has a proffesional aproach to gaming and i think this would make HG shine like a brick of gold. many people ask about download time and having to have BMS, my idea for that is packing the files in a download. with a link in the Motd or finding a way to have it download without the need to download outside of gmod. there could be many solutions.

I have brought this up to many players and everyone is all for it. This could also be a great solution to fix many ZS problems, like ragequitting zombies, the lack of new maps, many decade old models, and many other things. Another simple idea for a gameplay idea is a HUD customizer. we all agree that we should be able to change the color font and location of HP, Points, Players, Ect... i will gladly donate for this cuase, help out and do whatever i can to make this happen.

Please let me know how you feel about this idea and lets make it make it happen!

• Like 2

No, and here's why. Every single player would have to dowbload that mod. It doesn't mount on gmod so you're fucked that way. Even if it did we could have to edit every single map we have and every single weapon and model. That would take months if not a year. Everyone would have to redownload these maps you can only use on our server and they would pretty much be the same thing as the original. There's no need to update. Everything is fine as is and with planned updates to zs this spring/early summer our server will be even better.

Im not saying an update for every existing map. an update for the models player side, any new maps could use the textures and props. before we say its never gonna work or happen consider the options of what this could do. theres some obvious problems with my idea, and many ways to solve them. BMS DM is going to come out on steam soon anyway.

• Executive Council

In order to properly use the new props we'd have to completely redo all the maps on the server. At minimum editing every one of them to use the new props.

This is unrealistic. It would also cause large download times for new players as they'd have to acquire all that content either through Fast DL or by mounting Black Mesa which most people don't have.

Im not saying an update for every existing map. an update for the models player side

That's called a retexture. You are talking about entirely new props with new meshes to be added. Which I might add onto Kigens post not possible. Think of it this way, would you rather have some new props only on a few maps (not even sure that mappers could even take those files and use them in their own map) or new weapons, features, and maps?

• Like 1

That's called a retexture. You are talking about entirely new props with new meshes to be added. Which I might add onto Kigens post not possible. Think of it this way, would you rather have some new props only on a few maps (not even sure that mappers could even take those files and use them in their own map) or new weapons, features, and maps?

Honestly, at the point we're at in ZS, where we have no updated maps, and nothing new was added since the hunter rifle, I'd stick with new weapons, features and maps. Seriously, maps like mall of the dead have to go.

• Like 1

Let me weigh in here...

If what you're calling for is for EVERY map to be redone, every gun to be redone and every texture to be redone then yeah good luck with that. Not going to happen. It would cause us to have to work for months On end for something like this.

Reaper, you have no right to say "2014 update pls" because BM:S is one massive minefield and fuck up. I HATE BM:S for the simple reason that in most aspects they were lazy, and really would've done better with doing a cosmetic update for HL:S. Not only that but it would cause us to go to court if they decided to sue us.

Currently old ZS maps are being redone. We are updating them to be more optimised and look much better. We have no ETA on this but we're doing all we can.