Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Second Ever Website Mock-Up. | Critique Welcomed!

hgdallas

Jeapebm.png

The text in the about me was randomly generated to fill space. Although the first four sentences are real. Critique Away!

Some more info : I did not really know where to place certain things, and I understand the background is super plain, but this is my second time ever attempting something like this, so tell me what I can do to make it better! :)

Edited by _dallas

Guest The_Monkey

I don't even know where to begin dude.

Thing doesn't look very usable.

You are using images for buttons.

You are using huge images for gradients. CSS3 is your friend.

I could go on, but we need to get down to some brass tacks.

First, setup a good dev environment. I use Vagrant, and set Puppet to install all the packages I need.

You need to look into using bootstrap or foundation. I prefer foundation because I prefer SASS pre-processor for CSS. Bootstrap uses LESS.

If you want my help, you can message me in TS3, and I'll gladly walk you through environment setup, as well as some technologies that will boost your skills and employ-ability.

• Like 1

Guest The_Monkey

It's a mock-up.. I dont think its functionality/user-interface is meant to be good :P

Usable as in usability. With picture buttons and the like.

• Like 1

I don't even know where to begin dude.

Thing doesn't look very usable.

You are using images for buttons.

You are using huge images for gradients. CSS3 is your friend.

I could go on, but we need to get down to some brass tacks.

First, setup a good dev environment. I use Vagrant, and set Puppet to install all the packages I need.

You need to look into using bootstrap or foundation. I prefer foundation because I prefer SASS pre-processor for CSS. Bootstrap uses LESS.

If you want my help, you can message me in TS3, and I'll gladly walk you through environment setup, as well as some technologies that will boost your skills and employ-ability.

Thanks for the feedback, it's one of my first trys at it and I'll definitely improve on the next one!

• Like 1