Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Annoying Force Quit/close When Playing Zs?

ItzDuhGameBoi

So I've been playing ZS Hellsgamers for about 7 months and I've encountered this constant force quit issue. It's happened to me at random points for about twice now and the first time it lasted about a week during December. Not it just happened again for a few days in late January. When I played ZS during June - November I only froze about once a week. Basically, when I'm in a ZS game with any amount of players the game just quits out of nowhere with NO warning. I think it's some artifacts/particles not loading because I think I don't have them (See pictures) and I want to know where I can download these textures manually if that's the issue. I've tried a bunch of things, various settings, compatibility modes, reinstalling Garry's Mod and removing addons. The issue just comes along out of nowhere. The first time it occurred it eventually just stopped one day and I have played normal up to about a few days ago. Any suggestions?

Sorry I uploaded this topic twice.

post-22553-0-03237200-1391231162_thumb.jpg

post-22553-0-63435200-1391231176_thumb.jpg

post-22553-0-48159700-1391231199_thumb.jpg

Edited by ItzDuhGameBoi

This happens to me all the time usually every 2 maps. A workaround i've found is to close the game everytime a map ends, and then open up the game again and join the server.

Remember to have everything closed when playing.

It's a memory related issue mostly, what are your system specs? GMOD tends to be very memory hungry.

That command of course depends on the ammount of ram you have, you should never allocate all of your RAM to GMOD since Windows will probably end up closing GMOD anyway for taking up too much memory.

What are your system specs?

Wasn't the heapsize command removed back in 2010?

My specs are:

8GB 1600MHz RAM

i5 4670k

GTX 650 2GB

Windows 8 (not 8.1)

I expect to be told that Windows 8 is the problem.

Also, this force quit issue only happens in a period of time for a couple days. The first time happened mid December for about 3 days then in late January for about 4 days. The game quits at a totally random point while playing. Anyways, thank you all for the suggestions. I will try them when the issue comes along again.

• 3 weeks later...