Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

sc2 Machine Retires

GTKung

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=442784

It should come as no surprise due to my lack of streaming / participation in tournaments over the past year that I have been considering moving away from the Starcraft scene for some time now. In fact this post feels poorly timed but I would like to make it anyway. Although the recent decline in the Starcraft scene in general has aided in my lack of passion for the game, ultimately it is not the reason for my withdrawal from the scene. I've always been exceedingly competitive at anything I decide to put my focus into, and i've had a focus for Starcraft like nothing else. That being said after not achieving the desired result eventually you've got to throw in the towel and move on. I still don't regret any of it, being part of this wonderful community has given me countless experiences that I would never have received otherwise. Along with those experiences I have also met my best friends who I look forward to knowing for many years to come. I would also like to say that I feel very fortunate to be part of such an amazing team as Evil Geniuses. EG has given me opportunities that are unavailable anywhere else. I was able to be housed with my best friends, practice and compete with some of the most talented players at the forefront of the scene, and they helped me build a name and following for myself. EG is the reason I have been able to follow my dream.

From here I plan to go back to school and become a physical trainer for the time being. As I am getting older I've started to realize the importance of fitness and exercise in everday life as well as the enjoyment that comes from it. I also plan on competing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the near future. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is something I've missed for the past few years and would like to dive back into.

I do plan on leisurely streaming Starcraft 2 as well as survival horror games and other games in the future so this won't be the last you've seen of me. Thanks to everyone who has supported me throughout the years, you guys are amazing and I would not have been able to do it without you.

tqkrD5G.jpg