Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Unwritten Rules.

Smitty-173d

Not sure if this is the right sub-category so feel free to move it where it needs to be.

One thing i have been noticing a lot lately are people using things to their advantage that are cheap and hinder either humans or zombies. They do these things because as i have said myself "Until im told i can't , i will". Whether it be using the unbreakable basketball on stadium to barricade with (which i have told tomomo about and he has updated his map to where the ball is now unnailable), "doing laps" around the room with the keys on objective dump, or turning on the teleporters as a human, then killing yourself and using that to your advantage on Neighborhood.

I myself have personally used the basketball on Stadium to make the zombies either have to jump or crouch to get into my barricade in the secret room. Doing so, bought us maybe a wave of survival, but always ended up in us dying by headcrabs.

So maybe this should be in the suggestions sub-category , as a suggestion to add a few new rules.

1. No using unbreakable/glitched props to barricade with, or for your advantage.

2. No delaying an objective (if u have an integral piece of an objective map, you cannot delay for any reason)

3. No altering the map in any way to allow the zombies an advantage. ( no turning on teleporters then going zombie, no building ladders for zombies to climb from outside then going zombie).

Im sure theres more rules that should be addressed , like building barricades that are specifically designed to kill humans, and not defend from. (I have built a barricade on the lift on objective reactor , that if you dont suitzoom through it you will fall to your death).

Thanks for reading,

• Like 5

Rule 21 basically applies to physically advancing with the group. I may have worded it wrong, but i mean that if you have the red key/blue key/battery on dump, no doing "victory laps around the room" . Or if you have the gascans on crest of waves, no running around with the props. If you have a piece of the objective, put it where it belongs, and dont delay the gameplay.

Also, ive noticed people barricading with props designed to explode, when they already know the props explode. What usually happens is the zombies break the props (i.e. explosive barrel) and kill 3-4 humans in one fell swoop.

I'm mainly bringing all this stuff up because i noticed yesterday that HG's zombie survival rating is slowly going down on gametracker. I know that trolling isnt the only reason, but i know that making rules to keep people from ragequitting is alot easier to do than add new maps/updates to keep the population happy.

• Like 1

1. No using unbreakable/glitched props to barricade with, or for your advantage.

exploiting

3. No altering the map in any way to allow the zombies an advantage. ( no turning on teleporters then going zombie, no building ladders for zombies to climb from outside then going zombie).
Depending on the offense it could fit in with causing population loss

Also, ive noticed people barricading with props designed to explode, when they already know the props explode. What usually happens is the zombies break the props (i.e. explosive barrel) and kill 3-4 humans in one fell swoop.
Violates rule 1 I believe concerning killing players

Concerning rule 21, if the majority of the humans aren't progressing through the map and delaying the objective it's grounds for administrative action. Obviously depending on what's going on.

turning on the teleporters as a human, then killing yourself and using that to your advantage on Neighborhood.
I consider that not only a violation of rule 1 but also metagaming because you're using something you setup as a human to intentionally gain kills as a zombie.
  • Like 1

12. Don't Metagame or Ghost for players.

Don't directly assist the opposing team

ex. pressing switches on objective maps to let humans progress

I just don't want you to do that again smitty -.-

Another thing to note, please define more examples relevant to the gamemode if people don't understand the rule.

Edited by Slime

If people don't understand the rules they were either written poorly or they didn't bother to ask an admin who should only be buying gold (for paid) if they understand or a dA+ who know exactly what each rule does and why it's there.

While the example of setting up a teleport as human and suiciding to use it as zombie is an indirect use of that above rule it's still in violation of aiding the other team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is no racism a written rule because i checked the rule list and couldn't find it. The reason i ask is because i was on the server and realized that the n word is the only word that is completely banned, for instance, when you try to say the n word a little msg pops up saying "RACISM IS NOT ALLOWED!" and doesn't send the msg you typed, but, when you try to say other diragatory terms such as "chink"(I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just using this as an example) it doesn't do that and allows to send the msg anyway. I think that more words should be banned completely such as "Kike" a diragatory term for people of the Jewish race(yet again not trying to offend anyone I'm just giving an example). To finish up i think that they should ban more words and if they dont know exactly what is racist the people that make the rules could ask around to see exactly what offends people and make those words completely unable to be said. Thank you for your consideration.

Note:i don't want to offend anyone any if i am tell me and i will gladly edit this post, I myself am not racist and i do not want to appear as if i am. Also i apologize for any bad grammar I'm not the best writer.

Edited by The Masked Vigilante

Is no racism a written rule because i checked the rule list and couldn't find it. The reason i ask is because i was on the server and realized that the n word is the only word that is completely banned, for instance, when you try to say the n word a little msg pops up saying "RACISM IS NOT ALLOWED!" and doesn't send the msg you typed, but, when you try to say other diragatory terms such as "chink"(I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just using this as an example) it doesn't do that and allows to send the msg anyway. I think that more words should be banned completely such as "Kike" a diragatory term for people of the Jewish race(yet again not trying to offend anyone I'm just giving an example). To finish up i think that they should ban more words and if they dont know exactly what is racist the people that make the rules could ask around to see exactly what offends people and make those words completely unable to be said. Thank you for your consideration.

Note:i don't want to offend anyone any if i am tell me and i will gladly edit this post, I myself am not racist and i do not want to appear as if i am. Also i apologize for any bad grammar I'm not the best writer.

They fall under our guidelines & rules which can be found here: https://hellsgamers.com/guidelines.html