Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How Has Your Hg Experience Been?

Anthony

Well, in late 2012 times, i downloaded this game called cs:s, i then played some stupid ass servers until i found hg jb somehow. I got banned (hue) but i thought i would keep trying to play, I got banned again, (hue) and after months of good times (jk they secretly gave me cancer), I decided to join HG and i still play with the amount of squeakers and derps and such, um, ok, maybe this was a bad idea.

• Like 1

Here's my experience and honest opinions of HG.

I came to this community back in 2007 from a different "affiliated" community that seemed to pride themselves off of nothing but zombies and being huge dicks to each other. Hellsgamers was still a fairly small yet growing gaming community back in 2007 and Richie actually banned me within my first hour of playing on Jailbreak. I had just purchased admin for the first time and had accidentally slayed everyone with certain letters in their name, back then we used a different admin system and instead of hunting for a person with certain letters with !ban it would ban everyone with those letter combinations. I apologized to Richie and JJK for causing the issue and went on to be a good admin that got rid of trouble makers but also let the server have fun in creative ways.

About a year later I was made HG Staff and I attempted to resurrect a css zombie server which unfortunately failed due to real life events drawing most of my attention away. However despite my failure to keep a zombie server running Homer valued my attempt and input and trusted me so allowed me to aid with the community as a whole and was made Upper Management.

I've seen HG grow from css to tf2 and gmod and now we have gotten so big we have divisions that help leadership deal with issues as they arise. It is unfortunate that HG has to split into divisions as it alienates groups of people but what can you do with such a huge community comprised of a variety of ages and volunteer members who give their time to maintain it? I wish we could all play together without division affiliation but that would be impossible.

I've also seen some pretty important people come and go, leave on their own accord, or get banned. I understand HG deserves criticism and that's fine, everything does. But when you actively go out of your way to attack a community that is simply there to provide a place to play video games then you're stuck in that 12 year old mentality of xbox live.

All in all I love HG. It was there for me to meet some pretty awesome people while going through some tough shit in my life and it's like a second family to me and always will be. One of my favorite things about the community is that we have people of incredibly different age groups coming together to just play games. Grizzly is like the grandfather of HG making sure we eat our breakfast and banning Faded will always be the most fun thing to do. Clark and Richie feel like god dam cousins at this point and whenever they decide to come back to NY i'll have to get Richie drunk just to mess with Clark.

It's a shame though that there are those that despised the growth of the community so much that they've left on their own accord, left on bad terms, or got banned because they thought it would be amusing to fuck with the community and leadership. Listen you can hate your division leaders, you can hate the Upper Management, you can hate council, that's fine just keep it to yourself. We're individual members trying to keep everything tied together and that makes us a bit jaded towards trouble makers after years of dealing with them. Remember even if leadership acts like a dick towards you for some reason it's probably because of a really bad day of servers being attacked or banning people.

• Like 5

Here's my experience and honest opinions of HG.

I came to this community back in 2007 from a different "affiliated" community that seemed to pride themselves off of nothing but zombies and being huge dicks to each other. .

Hue Plaguefest

It's been perfect, I've been around HG since early 2009 and have never gotten in trouble. Not even once!

Never ever?

is Sia still gay for you?

• Like 1

My experience so far has been amazing even before I joined I had already become to befriend a lot of members and then when I joined it made my experience and Jailbreak more interesting. We all work together to help each others problems (most of us at least). Either way you guys are the best :D.

fuck it

lets get personal

i played css DM a lot on and off in my early teenage years, started playing perp a lot in june 2012 with people i thought were good people. well they werent, bridges were burned, yet i stayed. i made a lot of friends, not surprising i burned those bridges too partially from immaturity partially from just being an asshole. got into 10man, 10manned a lot, ray charles to the bullshit drama. kept playing perp, made friends, clashed with authority a bit problably because of my own immaturity but thats life

got promoted to dA alongside Magic, actually tried to make a difference but you cant get everything you want thats the way things work. started to get fed up with a lot of internal politics and a lot of the "who you know and who you blow" mentality

friend from highschool passed away in june 2013, left leadership, left hg, stopped talking to a lot of people. again, probably immaturity, but hindsight is always 2020

rejoined hg, adopted a personal policy of not giving a fuck and doing my own shit

tldr if i was a cunt to you im sorry nobodies perfect at least i know im not

• Like 1

The past few years of my life have been work, sleep, lack of sleep, and HG. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Met some great people. And said goodbye to some great people. Seen people grow and people die. I try my hardest to make a good impression on fellow members of HG and hope that is true to you who are reading this. Ya'll should know that I'm always down to game, and am very approachable so don't be afraid to say hi in TS, or in game.

• Like 1

Joined back in mid 2010 been in and out of hg many times due to me leaving or being kicked out and/or banned, been playing JB since 2010, I created survey day, have had admin in JB and Dark RP for years, HG is a great clan, seen many people come and go, have made some great friends from recruits to uM, recruited some RL friends to also play and donate to HG, used to be a forum mod, but dat ban ruined it for me, im calmer now, like to have fun and no more bans here

made friends, left cause servo got admin (thanks icon), came back, did derpy shit, said some things to people probably shouldnt have, watch giants got ban for racism, got banned by faded for being unbannable, watch some of my best friends get DA, got spanked by joker multiple times

• Like 2

joined hg in 2012 and had a great time until some certain people got promoted in gmod division and in my opinion gmod division went down hill. Left after that and joined back and left after 2 more days cus i say leadership didnt change. then was community banned for like 2 months and got unbanned thenn stronghold happened and i thought the divison was going back up in the right direction then some more people got worse and i did dumb stuff and got permaded again so pretty bad in my experiance