Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Civilization 5

hgdallas

I attended the Strategy Meeting today and it got me thinking, why not have a Civilization 5 event? One game can hold 16 players, and even though it may take a long time, people that enjoy civ 5 won't care. There are also ways to speed it up so it doesn't take like 13 hours to complete. Thoughts?

http://hellsgamers.c...-hg-civ5-event/

I'm almost positive it never finished. I never got into civilization games, didn't seem that fun but I can see it's a complex strategy game that reminds me of monopoly. I'd set it up like it were to become an event so we can see how you would intend on running it.

Can confirm the last Civ 5 event had 4 players in it in after 3 hours, I never heard anything of the game being finished/invited to finish it or anything so idk. also boxer & inc are far too good at this game.

problem is it can be hard for a lot of people to square away 8-12 hours from your schedule for a single game of civ

its a fun game and id totally play it again but i think we'd need to do something other than what we did last time

problem is it can be hard for a lot of people to square away 8-12 hours from your schedule for a single game of civ

its a fun game and id totally play it again but i think we'd need to do something other than what we did last time

I think we could only go for the fastest victory. Like science or diplomatic.

• 1 month later...

I think we could only go for the fastest victory. Like science or diplomatic.

Are you high?

Diplomatic victory is not fast.

Deadlock, Sbpro and myself have been playing Civ on a regular basis. We just setup a time that works best for us all and we play like 2 hour blocks at a time.

PS I am the best at Civ :P

Don't trust this man, once he has nukes, he goes gandhi on everyone.
  • Like 1