Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Graphics Card

its a decent card, honestly i haven't caught the r9 fad yet.

personally i think there are better cards for the price and performance.

link and link

plenty of options if you look it up on there.

gtx 760 is slightly better, that evga has a bigger heatsink allowing lower temps while being overclocked

nvidia seems to be pushing better fps in games, even though the r9 series seems better.

benchmark here

honestly, i think nvidia has always been better on games. and overclocking them are easy enough cuz they usually stay very cool. all preference though.

I love the look of the r9's though. (dont really match anything i have) and i just wanna test one to see how much abuse they can really take. i just feel the biggest downside are the drivers. amd has always lacked in good drivers :/ sadly.

If you could spend a little more, i would look at the Toxic r9 270x, those are supposed to be the best of the series.

its a decent card, honestly i haven't caught the r9 fad yet.

personally i think there are better cards for the price and performance.

link and link

plenty of options if you look it up on there.

gtx 760 is slightly better, that evga has a bigger heatsink allowing lower temps while being overclocked

nvidia seems to be pushing better fps in games, even though the r9 series seems better.

benchmark here

honestly, i think nvidia has always been better on games. and overclocking them are easy enough cuz they usually stay very cool. all preference though.

I love the look of the r9's though. (dont really match anything i have) and i just wanna test one to see how much abuse they can really take. i just feel the biggest downside are the drivers. amd has always lacked in good drivers :/ sadly.

If you could spend a little more, i would look at the Toxic r9 270x, those are supposed to be the best of the series.

The gigabyte windforce cooler is a amazing piece of hardware I own a EVGA ACX 760 and a gigabyte windforce and I wish I had two of the windforces.

At that price range I would get a gtx 760. Bitcoin and other crypto currency farming has raised the price of AMD gpu's tremendously. A r9 280 was priced at 300 at release and now they are around 400 bucks.

If you do not want to set up a bitcoin mine, then grab an nvidia haha. IDK why nvidias cards are shit for crypto mining, but it kept there prices down. I just wish I bought two r9 280x when the price was right.