Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Patch 6.80 Pick And Ban Data & Observations

Hung

Hey guys. I was watching the D2CL match between C9 and Liquid, and the chat trivia sparked me to make this thread.

http://www.datdota.c...ats.php?p=draft

edit: I attached a screen cap with it filtered by patch and pick/ban

The link shows the pick & ban data for 6.80, and I figured our competitive squads could use this information in drafting.

Visage: 92% pick/ban rate. I think Necrolic is the most powerful support, and this data certainly confirms that I am not alone in this opinion. The early game mana pool nerfs are only relevant during first blood situations, but as possibly the best trilane hero in Dota 2, the inability to use more than one slow and one soul assumption has almost no affect on his power. In Dual lane situations in pubs, the nerf can be felt much more.

Nyx: 81% This hero can be extremely influential, and was an important part of the EU squad victory in the ESL Winter cup finals match. Absolutely devastating to supports and their ability to ward and counter ward through the mid game

70-80%: Invoker, Clock, Luna, Timber, Veno - Despite nerfs, timber and veno continue to be important facets of pro drafts. Invoker, despite nerfs to exhort, stays highly relevant likely due to the increased power of the anti-caster quas-wex build. Clock continues to be an amazing offlaner. and of course Luna, the beast of a team fight hard carry who is by far the most picked and banned hard carry in 6.80 dota.

60-70%: Storm and CM - Storm's ability to carry in the mid game allows him to define the term 'snowball' and is impossible to lock down without mass stuns. CM is always a great support, despite starting the game as a ranged creep.

50-60%: Enchantress, Bane, Doom, Mirana, OD, Slark, Bristle - Enchantress saw some early game survivability nerfs, but with early untouchable points can still be tough to take down. The ability to be all over the map and be a ganking powerhouse keeps her extremely valuable for a competitive team. Bane's single target lockdown can wreak havoc on single core lineups. Doom has the power to make any teamfight a 4v5 with one spell. Mirana's ability to gank and pick off heroes in the woods and during ganks is stellar as always. OD is one of the best laners in the game along with Viper. Slark is a beast as always, and Bristle is a top notch offlaner and viable position 1 as well.

Hope this inspires some thought and helps all of us in our captains mode and competitive game drafts.

post-22789-0-08817000-1392326258_thumb.png

Edited by Hung
  • Like 1