Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Vel Koz

InstantNoodles

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-reveal/velkoz-eye-void-revealed

So, I've played a couple games with the new upcoming champion Vel Koz, and I can simply say I was not impressed. He is a new mid laner who entire comp is to quickly spam spells to proc his passive. His passive is somewhat like vaynes where if a enemy is hit by 3 Vel Koz spells within 7 seconds of each other, the stacks proc and they take true damage. He is capable of quickly spamming spells but the spells aren't instant as they have a rather long travel time. Some problems I found with him is he's extremely sluggish. His movement speed is pretty slow and his moves have a long travel time/delays. During laning phase, i noticed a high problem with poking. Most of his moves are either AoE or splash, so by attempting to poke the enemy champ with spells, I ended up pushing my lane and with no real escape moves besides flash, I found myself in dangerous scenarios. Team fights were a little bit better with good poke and cc mixed with his spells. His CD is pretty short so I was able to spam. His ult does massive damage but team dependent to make sure u can't get hit by some hard cc.

In short: He's a team dependent mid laner who can deal massive damage if your allies can keep any aggro off you. Huge laner pusher with no escape moves besides CC. He's sluggish with bad movement speed and just feels slow. Not impressed. Mid to late game.