Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Idea of Admin levels and Behavior points

JuIcY

So in a new discussion to the previous thread, here is an idea that might work to reduce the abuse reports and possibly give more incentive for "earning" a better admin for the ones buying. This is a template ASSUMING the buying admins have had no reports and are faithful to their privilege. In my opinion, keeping the same admin and paying $15 can rack up pretty quick for me. I don't mind paying the money but having a "good behavior" incentive might even help reduce the reports and make a goal for people to remember not to abuse their admin. We could also have a quarterly trial and if the person wants to APPLY for an upgrade in admin, they will be met by the council and be assessed to see if they are applicable and responsible to get more options. I hope this gets looked at by the council or anyone else. Thank you!!

Admin levels:

Regular bought admin (non HG Member) $15 of donation(s)

The current admin they have

Regular bought admin (HG Member) $15 of donation(s)

The current admin they have but with a ban time of up to 1 day

Regular bought admin (HG Member 4+ months) $60 of donation(s)

The current admin of the preceding admin but with a few fun commands such as burn, voting, slap, and some other less degree harmful punishments

Regular bought admin/awarded (HG Member 8+ months) $120 of donation(s)

The current admin of the preceding admin but with more privileged commands such as setting color, timebomb, and a few extra fun commands

Regular bought admin/awarded (HG Member 1 year+ ) $180 of donation(s)

The current admin of the preceding admin with almost full admin but no FTP rcon commands or server.cfg changes available

Edited by JuIcY

I have a feeling this would be a bad idea because the more higher admin, the more pointless commands which have no real purpose except abuse get given which is abit pointless, plus all death commands are just the same as slay

Some people get more satisfaction with a burn instead of a slay death ;) Besides, it makes you look cooler when you have more optionzz

An interesting idea, and one we may look into for the future.

Cool, It might be hectic since were making the switch to Sourcemod globally but since its in the process, I thought I would throw it out there.

• 1 month later...

In all fairness I love the idea, but you also have to look at the negative aspect of this. Some admins rarely take action as it is. They are few but this could also add to that group. Admins may be more "afraid" to take action on a player for fear of having their actions being seen as abuse or to make sure they get good reviews for a better admin.

Also, there are many admins now that have been an admin in HG for quite some time but would still cause drama within the servers by using these "fun" commands on the wrong people. Understandably, they would have their higher admin taken away but it would be up to council to handle the large quantity of abuse threads that may flood the forums once this system went into effect. Everyone who has admin now would either

A.) Immediately get their higher admin at the same time due to the amount of time they've already had it with a good review.

B.) Get higher admin at the same time if the time timer on their admin started fresh with the new system.

I'm not saying that I don't think it could work and that I don't like it. It's just a possibility and dependent on if the staff & council is willing to deal with it. I'm just throwing that out there.

Of course, I'm the only one who didn't just "go" with the good idea so let the flame wars begin! lol.

Edited by Kinta

Quite simply the "fun commands" aren't needed. They don't contribute to the server. They can give you temporary fun...but they shouldn't be used when there are people on the server that are not your close friends.

It makes the server, community, and yourself look bad.

And Kinta's right...having admin for a certain period of time doesn't mean anything. This takes away the incentive to try to do an excellent job at admining by catching hackers, spammers, racists, etc.

It was a neat idea, but not very practical, in my opinion.

Quite simply the "fun commands" aren't needed. They don't contribute to the server. They can give you temporary fun...but they shouldn't be used when there are people on the server that are not your close friends.

It makes the server, community, and yourself look bad.

And Kinta's right...having admin for a certain period of time doesn't mean anything. This takes away the incentive to try to do an excellent job at admining by catching hackers, spammers, racists, etc.

It was a neat idea, but not very practical, in my opinion.

I am starting to think that Slanzenger is Sean Connery