Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recap

Joey7

Hi.

So i finally got the news back on my harddrive to see if I may have it back to start working on maps and other things again, but I was wrong. Apparently a very bad virus, probably malware, got in and infected almost my entire harddrive. Well what does this mean, This means I may not get my harddrive back, or all the important files that are inside of it, one of them being my maps. I have somethings to fix on colorcourse, but I do not have access to the file, nor may not even be able to get access to it. Only time will tell.

Copy the files you need off the drive and make sure they are safe, then nuke the drive. Nothing will survive including viruses.

well right now i think its on its 3rd clean up, not sure if will do any good anyways, but what we are hoping is that it will clean it all up. We will put it in another machine and try to boot it up, and if the system files are permanently damaged, we are going to nuke it and I will just have to start all over. I could just decompile the map that I need to work on, but there is one custom texture that I made that I wouldn't be able to recover.