Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Teamspeak Empty In Europe Time

Ryan Bass

Hey All. So I see an problem, that Teamspeak channel is empty in Dota 2. At least in my Europe daytime. Also in the evenings if you go in, try to speak to someone no one is answering. Also it's hard to get together with someone. It's easy if I'm late, I can party up with someone from US, but we should think about getting more Dota 2 players from Europe or keep at least our Europe time zone players active.

I don't think this is an issue. There are always lots of EU players online when I'm online and there are always players willing to party up. This looks like you have an expection that people should be around when you want to play and should be willing to play with you. Personally I dont think I've seen you online when I have been on but you have to try and get games with some people, if they like you and you play well you are more likely to get more games with these people. Expecting players to always respond or to always answer on ts when they are online is unrealistic, many people go afk to get dinner or whatever else and leave the game running. It just takes some time I guess.

Hells Gamers is a community where people can, and I want to emphasize CAN, play with other like minded gamers but many of us have friends that aren't part of the community and we sometimes we would prefer to play with them. Enfocing rules like you must be on TS when you play is rediculous and I personally don't agree with it.

Spawn :)

There are no people online! Only people @ day time and evening are US players. EU players are only few. The most players online was when Boxer put some posts in dotabuff etc and when they joined. Even Dota 2 lobby is not answering in most of the time. Of course if I stay here till 1:00AM GMT+1 I will get party. People start to be online and active only around 11PM GMT+2. As well, when you get someone online and in the party, you have to beg them to come in TS3.

EDIT: Even now, 7:00PM GMT+2 EU lobby, I'm the only one here. Dota 2 lobby 3. All under no voice.

Edited by Ryan Bass

Well most people in GMT and GMT+1 are still in work or on the way home but people being online at 9PM GMT sounds reasonable by the time they get home, get dinner and so whatever else they need to do. I think you need to have a more realistic expection of the people in the community considering the average age is probably 20+

There are no people online! Only people @ day time and evening are US players. EU players are only few. The most players online was when Boxer put some posts in dotabuff etc and when they joined. Even Dota 2 lobby is not answering in most of the time. Of course if I stay here till 1:00AM GMT+1 I will get party. People start to be online and active only around 11PM GMT+2. As well, when you get someone online and in the party, you have to beg them to come in TS3.

EDIT: Even now, 7:00PM GMT+2 EU lobby, I'm the only one here. Dota 2 lobby 3. All under no voice.

before i went to bed (6 hours ago) there were 2 EU groups in TS3 playing. so im not quite sure what to tell you, EU has a large timezone so there may still be some timezone restrictions.

Guys look.

Personnaly im currently playing with some other friends on mine and we use ts to comunicate but they are not members of the hellsgamers comuniy. I told them to join but they say they can be arsed. Thats why we use a different ts server and some times skype to comunicate

I also agree with spawn. I used to be online on ts a lot, lots of people have jobs on weekdays and cant play all day and when they can they will play with the people they want and u cant force them to play in a specific way or force them to speak with someone

Well, I'm online on TS most of the time, altough it is true that I'm pretty much always under no-voice. That doesn't really mean that I don't have time to play or anything, though. Just poke me or send me a message and I'll party up with you, or pretty much anyone who takes the time to message me.

Why so?

Because, Boxer said that the EU faction of DotA was larger than the US faction. (That's why everyone who was from the US had to play on a luxembourg server for the Mirana tournament) I lost my prize because I was playing with 170 ping since I'm from California, I even asked boxer and he didn't propose a compromise, he just told me "life wasn't fair" lol.

To lose because of the assumed "prevalence" of the EU scene in HG and then find out that the DotA channel is empty is kind of silly.

Because, Boxer said that the EU faction of DotA was larger than the US faction. (That's why everyone who was from the US had to play on a luxembourg server for the Mirana tournament) I lost my prize because I was playing with 170 ping since I'm from California, I even asked boxer and he didn't propose a compromise, he just told me "life wasn't fair" lol.

To lose because of the assumed "prevalence" of the EU scene in HG and then find out that the DotA channel is empty is kind of silly.

The fact that you're still going on about this amazes me. No one forced you to sign up, it was clearly stated due to the EU to NA ratio it was going to be default in EU. You knew that when you decided to sign up, and play in the event.

The fact that you're still going on about this amazes me. No one forced you to sign up, it was clearly stated due to the EU to NA ratio it was going to be default in EU. You knew that when you decided to sign up, and play in the event.

I'm not going to have an argument with you on the forums about Dota 2 TS3 activity. We're an international community that caters to this game, people from west, cent, east EU, AUS, Malaysia, Japan, Philippines, India, across the USA, ect... obviously not everyone will be on at the same time every day. I know for a fact that many people have spoke to me about schooling and studies coming first since in EU and Asia education is a very large aspect to their normal lives in most cases. I personally still see EU players actively in-game and TS3 when getting off of work in the morning, and early afternoon. If anyone has any questions or concerns I've got the entire Dota 2 community on my steam friends + I'm in TS3 daily. There should be no issues contacting me. /thread.