Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgrading Pc

Hi, I wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea to update my PC. When I get some money, I have plans on buying some new next gen games such as Far Cry 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

My current specs:

8g ram

HD Radeon 5770

AMD Phenom II X2 555

MSI 870-G45

500G Harddrive

600 W Thermaltake

Budget is around $300.

Hi, I wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea to update my PC. When I get some money, I have plans on buying some new next gen games such as Far Cry 3, Battlefield 4, etc.

My current specs:

8g ram

HD Radeon 5770

AMD Phenom II X2 555

MSI 870-G45

500G Harddrive

600 W Thermaltake

Budget is around $300.

Willing to sell the 555?

And yes it would be a good idea to upgrade the cpu/gpu/mobo.

If you want to upgrade your PC, it depends on what kind of quality you want from the next gen games. It is important to look at the necessities for gaming. Your processor is fine, no need to upgrade it. Same with your RAM, none of the current games utilize anything over 8 GB. If you want to get near the ultra graphics for Battlefield 4, your graphics card is in need of an upgrade. If you make some upgrades, you may need to upgrade your power supply, but it it up to you. Some of the next gen games do require a fair amount of space, so a 500 GB hard drive might be too small. I am not familiar with AMD graphics cards, but I am with NVIDIA. I do know that the NVIDIA GTX 760 got excellent results and is very future proof, but it is $250-$270 dollars, which is at the top of your price range. IF the hard drive isn't a worry, then I would recommend spending that on that graphics card or a similar AMD one. You can always got down a notch to like a $150 GTX 750 TI, but it is not as future proof. With that you may be able to upgrade your power supply and hard drive too.

I hope this helps, good luck with your search. Respond if you want any more input.

I can play farcry 3 on ultra with a gtx 650 and a fx6300, give or take it is only like 30 fps but don't get suckered into buying ridiculously expensive parts. Like Bran said I would upgrade your processor and gpu for sure, and I don't know much about mobo's but that should be one of the first things to upgrade as it houses all this shit hahaha.

If you want to upgrade your PC, it depends on what kind of quality you want from the next gen games. It is important to look at the necessities for gaming. Your processor is fine, no need to upgrade it. Same with your RAM, none of the current games utilize anything over 8 GB. If you want to get near the ultra graphics for Battlefield 4, your graphics card is in need of an upgrade. If you make some upgrades, you may need to upgrade your power supply, but it it up to you. Some of the next gen games do require a fair amount of space, so a 500 GB hard drive might be too small. I am not familiar with AMD graphics cards, but I am with NVIDIA. I do know that the NVIDIA GTX 760 got excellent results and is very future proof, but it is $250-$270 dollars, which is at the top of your price range. IF the hard drive isn't a worry, then I would recommend spending that on that graphics card or a similar AMD one. You can always got down a notch to like a $150 GTX 750 TI, but it is not as future proof. With that you may be able to upgrade your power supply and hard drive too.

I hope this helps, good luck with your search. Respond if you want any more input.

His cpu will throttle like no tomorrow. Anything better then a 550 will be throttled.

He has to change the cpu to see improvements in this situation.