Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

2 New Rule Proposals

komodoh

1. You can only raid/base with members of your own org.

This is one that i was told the server used to have and after playing a good amount the past however many weeks, i can definitely see the importance. Constantly over OOC people complain about how all these large orgs raid together and it is incredibly hard for some people to get started in our PERP server. This would be best for the server in my opinion because it would bring with it a lot of the bullshit with these orgs that are top tier allying with eachother and making it very difficult to start out if you're by yourself. As of now, the only way you can really get your foot in the door is by someone teaching you by basing with them. (a higher up org) As for raiding goes, i can think of numerous times where there will be multiple orgs raiding our property and have no idea who to shoot because of the vast amount of org names participating in the raid. It always ends up being that you have to really make sure who to shoot before firing in just fear of waking up the next day with a ban report, and by the time you know which of the orgs is raiding, you;'re already dead

Now i know this isn't a full proof rule, some of the cons of this would for the new players as well. Maybe you do have someone who is willing to show you the ropes but they don't want to add some random into their org. One way around this would just be adding for the time they are basing/raiding.

2. When ticketed/arrested by an officer, they are required to tell you the reason if asked.

This is isn't as important as the first one, but still would be nice. Another thing that ALWAYS fills up the OOC is when someone is ticketed/arrested then are not given a reason why they were. It seems like something that would be common courtesy but almost no officers do. This rule would stop a lot of complaining and clear up meta gaming a good amount.

What are your guys' opinions on these 2 proposals?

Edited by Komodoh

This is one that i was told the server used to have and after playing a good amount the past however many weeks, i can definitely see the importance. Constantly over OOC people complain about how all these large orgs raid together and it is incredibly hard for some people to get started in our PERP server. This would be best for the server in my opinion because it would bring with it a lot of the bullshit with these orgs that are top tier allying with eachother and making it very difficult to start out if you're by yourself. As of now, the only way you can really get your foot in the door is by someone teaching you by basing with them. (a higher up org) As for raiding goes, i can think of numerous times where there will be multiple orgs raiding our property and have no idea who to shoot because of the vast amount of org names participating in the raid. It always ends up being that you have to really make sure who to shoot before firing in just fear of waking up the next day with a ban report, and by the time you know which of the orgs is raiding, you;'re already dead

Now i know this isn't a full proof rule, some of the cons of this would for the new players as well. Maybe you do have someone who is willing to show you the ropes but they don't want to add some random into their org. One way around this would just be adding for the time they are basing/raiding.

2. When ticketed/arrested by an officer, they are required to tell you the reason if asked.

This is isn't as important as the first one, but still would be nice. Another thing that ALWAYS fills up the OOC is when someone is ticketed/arrested then are not given a reason why they were. It seems like something that would be common courtesy but almost no officers do. This rule would stop a lot of complaining and clear up meta gaming a good amount.

For rule 2 you could make it so cops can leave a note on their Parking Ticket to explain why the person was ticketed. It would be optional, of course.

Edited by _dallas
  • Like 1

You are told about what happend when you get warrented, when someone warrents you a notification comes up telling you the reason for being warrented. Plus that I usually get told the reason i'm getting ticketed.

For rule 1

This is kinda unfair, and let's say that an org wants to recruit members but they want to see how they base/raid before letting them into the org.

Rule 2 You are told about what happend when you get warrented, when someone warrents you a notification comes up telling you the reason for being warrented. Plus that I usually get told the reason i'm getting ticketed.

Edited by Pein Goodman

Let's face it, if orgs are basing/raiding with each other, then making this rule wouldn't do much. In fact, it would make the server growing on the server/basing on the server even harder, people would disband their orgs and just gang up with other orgs making them bigger and stronger, then they'll all base together and raid together. So yeah, making this rule might make multiple gangs so they can't do it, but it certainly wouldn't stop anything, and would just give it a really pointless tbh.

Don't agree. If your car is rammed and you don't notice, that isn't their fault. They're doing their job by ticketing you, and thus shouldn't really require a reason.

• Like 4

Don't agree. If your car is rammed and you don't notice, that isn't their fault. They're doing their job by ticketing you, and thus shouldn't really require a reason.

I can understand this point, but the owner of the car doesn't know that. It would be nice to know that other than assuming someone just random ticketed/arrests Theres plenty of other situations where clarification on why it happened.

n fact, it would make the server growing on the server/basing on the server even harder, people would disband their orgs and just gang up with other orgs making them bigger and stronger

The thing about this, is since the server does have a 30 minute raid rule, it would lower the raid count if there were larger orgs but LESS of them.

Rule 1

No,People got friends in other org if you cannot base with other org the serv will not be friendly or you will see only 2 org in serv.

Rule 2

When you get ticketed some of the cops tell you why or you know the rules/laws and you know what you did ;)

Adding on to Suicides note, a lot of times you'll be ticketed and you won't find the officer because they already ran away and you can't ask them over OOC, so the rule would be sort of pointless mate. I could see if they pulled you over to give you a ticket, but that's it.

Thank you for your suggestions though!

If you get a legal ticket you should know what why you got the ticket because we already explain in the cop rules (#2) of what legal parking is. If someone violates the criteria of illegal parking and you have proof then it goes to the HGbans.

As for the first rule you suggested it's risky, but we are trying to make a way to help newer players get started on PERP.

• Like 1

1. You can only raid/base with members of your own org. This is one that i was told the server used to have and after playing a good amount the past however many weeks, i can definitely see the importance. Constantly over OOC people complain about how all these large orgs raid together and it is incredibly hard for some people to get started in our PERP server. This would be best for the server in my opinion because it would bring with it a lot of the bullshit with these orgs that are top tier allying with eachother and making it very difficult to start out if you're by yourself. As of now, the only way you can really get your foot in the door is by someone teaching you by basing with them. (a higher up org) As for raiding goes, i can think of numerous times where there will be multiple orgs raiding our property and have no idea who to shoot because of the vast amount of org names participating in the raid. It always ends up being that you have to really make sure who to shoot before firing in just fear of waking up the next day with a ban report, and by the time you know which of the orgs is raiding, you;'re already dead Now i know this isn't a full proof rule, some of the cons of this would for the new players as well. Maybe you do have someone who is willing to show you the ropes but they don't want to add some random into their org. One way around this would just be adding for the time they are basing/raiding. 2. When ticketed/arrested by an officer, they are required to tell you the reason if asked. This is isn't as important as the first one, but still would be nice. Another thing that ALWAYS fills up the OOC is when someone is ticketed/arrested then are not given a reason why they were. It seems like something that would be common courtesy but almost no officers do. This rule would stop a lot of complaining and clear up meta gaming a good amount. What are your guys' opinions on these 2 proposals?
Rule 1, I don't think this is a good rule, I liked the way it was before, but, rule 2, I like. Not mentioning names, but there are a few cops who make their tickets look random, and dont tell you the reason for them. I get close to reporting them, until they FINALLY tell me the reason, again, Rule 1; -1, Rule 2; +1.