Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Seriously all the videos I've seen are bad. Maybe its just bc they have accents or something IDK. I barely promoted to Silver Elite today with 24 wins, and when I got my first 10 wins I was Silver 4. Is my next rank like random or is there like a definite promotion to whatevers next in line of ranks? Oh and I [Kind Of] understand the ranks vary on your team and how you do every game. I can't explain what I don't undertand ok! (everything)

You have to play well to get a different rank this isnt like call of duty you get a rank at a certain number of points. Once you play better during a number of pugs then you will get a higher rank and the same goes for if u play badly you get a lower rank.

I barely promoted to Silver Elite today with 24 wins, and when I got my first 10 wins I was Silver 4. Is my next rank like random or is there like a definite promotion to whatevers next in line of ranks?

csgo-skill-groups-list.jpg

You either rank up or rank down for 1 rank. It is counted by wins + how you play in general, I think your points in the round, the MVP Stars you got and your Kills / Deaths count aswell, not sure tho.

But wins are not all. I already got 1 rank down in a game I won. I was kind of... drugged and went 3:29 or something and that caused my fall in the ranking. But aswell I carried my team once and went 42:14 and ranked up eventho we lost 16:14

Edited by omgWolf
  • Like 1

From what i've gathered around multiple pages, you ranking up depends on multiple variables:

A. The skill of the players youre matched up against. ie: if youre silver elite master and you do well against,say, a gold nova 3 (thats probably duoing with a silver 3, cause yes) youre probably helping your rank. Thats why people can rank up by losing, or some people rank down by winning or getting a tie game(even though tie games count as a win towards your overall ELO).

B. Your frags and mvps are also a big part of your quest to rank up. If you consistently earn, lets say 5 mvps and youre a solid 31/4/12 , youre on your way to gold nova 1.

The key to any competitive mode in any game is to always have a positive attitude, communicate, and place your goddamn crosshair at headshot level.