Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Heroes Of The Storm

I Love Lamp

D3n and I were graciously enrolled into the HotS "alpha", and it's been tons of fun so far. The biggest thing I've drawn from it so far is that it really breaks the mold of MOBAs. Where League of Legends started moving the genre forward, I really feel that HotS is the next step. It's managed to simplify character choices while still offering a unique, challenging, experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

D3n and I were graciously enrolled into the HotS "alpha", and it's been tons of fun so far. The biggest thing I've drawn from it so far is that it really breaks the mold of MOBAs. Where League of Legends started moving the genre forward, I really feel that HotS is the next step. It's managed to simplify character choices while still offering a unique, challenging, experience.

Note that I haven't done any research on HotS only heard some things and from what I've heard makes me very uninterested in the game and how they, in my opinion, over simplified the game.

When you say simplify character choices, do you mean there are less to choose from, are they less or more diverse? Simple isn't always good, I myself prefer complicated choices because there are more outcomes, usually.

Also paying to play Heroes imo is dumb and makes no sense, that's coming from a D2 player though so...lol

Just something to think about.

Juding from early access gameplay footage ive seen , seems like the kind of game u wont get into, the reason dota and LoL are so popular is because u have things to work on (gain levels,items, mmr) and stuff if u have no real purpose i think the game will get boring really fast

Their system for obtaining heroes mimics that of League and the like: there's a rotating set of free characters each week or you can buy a character with "gold" (earned currency) or actual money.

As for the selection, what I mean is there is less emphasis on "building" you character (i.e. Items) and more direction on your actual skill playing the game. Instead of buying items, you "spec" your hero. You choose how you want your abilities to function. For example, Nova, a stealthy, assassin-type ranged character has the option to level in such a way as to be a CC oriented character, a full on damage assassin, a sustained lane pusher, or mix of the three. Whereas in League and Dota, your champion you pick determines your role, it's not always the case in HotS.

• Like 1

Their system for obtaining heroes mimics that of League and the like: there's a rotating set of free characters each week or you can buy a character with "gold" (earned currency) or actual money.

As for the selection, what I mean is there is less emphasis on "building" you character (i.e. Items) and more direction on your actual skill playing the game. Instead of buying items, you "spec" your hero. You choose how you want your abilities to function. For example, Nova, a stealthy, assassin-type ranged character has the option to level in such a way as to be a CC oriented character, a full on damage assassin, a sustained lane pusher, or mix of the three. Whereas in League and Dota, your champion you pick determines your role, it's not always the case in HotS.

I forget you're a League player ;)

I think not building items limits the game and makes the game less strategic, sometimes what players build for items can determine a game. Some items make your hero very good at CC and some help you obtain new items faster or just flat kill quicker. I will have to play the game myself for an actual review but not having items is something I do not agree with at this point.

Also buying heroes is dumb, let me play whoever I want like valve does, make cosmetics for money.

I forget you're a League player ;)

I think not building items limits the game and makes the game less strategic, sometimes what players build for items can determine a game. Some items make your hero very good at CC and some help you obtain new items faster or just flat kill quicker. I will have to play the game myself for an actual review but not having items is something I do not agree with at this point.

Also buying heroes is dumb, let me play whoever I want like valve does, make cosmetics for money.

Buying heroes in HotS is also incredibly difficult.