Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Nvidia 780Ti Or Amd R9 290X ?

<X-RaY>

780ti is the top tier card right now for gaming. The R9 290X is a great card too however, it's meant more to be a bang for your buck option. There's the problem though that cryptominers have been buying the shit out of the new AMD cards so prices are a bit inflated.

All that being said if money is no object you can pick up a 780ti for around $700 a R9 290X will run you a minimum of $570.

If it were my money and I just had like $500 laying around I would just buy a regular 780. Thing is what games are you going to be playing that would need such a high end card anyway? I have a 7870 (Or it's called the R9 270X now) and I'm maxing just about everything I play with the exception of BF4 which is at High instead because frame rate.

That card cost me $250 at the time. It's got at least a few more years before it becomes outdated. So why spend a crap load of money anyway? Hell you could drop $300 on a GTX 770 and be fine for years.