Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

My Build....suggestions?

ok so heres my specs on my computer right now. was just wondering how i can improve performance since my build isnt terrible and yet compared to friends, its running like crap.

Intel core i7 2600 quad core

10GB DDR3 of ram (different sticks but they all work)

Asus P8z68-V Pro motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card

I have two HDD hooked up right now, one with 1TB and the other with 1.5TB (should i just go with a SSD?)

Havent looked at my power supply really because i figured "well if its run for over 3 months now and hasnt had an issue it should be fine" but if thats not the case what type of power supply should i get?

I want to assume its my graphics card as that seems to be the worst thing in my computer. would i be correct in thinking that?

Edited by Donny1020

ok so heres my specs on my computer right now. was just wondering how i can improve performance since my build isnt terrible and yet compared to friends, its running like crap.

Intel core i7 2600 quad core

10GB DDR3 of ram (different sticks but they all work)

Asus P8z68-V Pro motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card

I have two HDD hooked up right now, one with 1TB and the other with 1.5TB (should i just go with a SSD?)

Havent looked at my power supply really because i figured "well if its run for over 3 months now and hasnt had an issue it should be fine" but if thats not the case what type of power supply should i get?

I want to assume its my graphics card as that seems to be the worst thing in my computer. would i be correct in thinking that?

I assume your friends pc is faster then yours because of two things:

1: SSD

2: Gpu (as you said)

In order to see what you can do to improve you would have to figure out what psu you currently have.

From there you can see if you can upgrade to a better gpu or both psu and gpu need upgrading.

The 10 gb of ram also could be configured well...awkwardly but I doubt its the issue.

Ya, the graphics card could use some upgrading. SSD are great for start up times of the PC and other applications you put on there. Also your processor, while it still is an i7, it is a little out dated and it isn't being sold anymore. An upgrade to that may be helpful. Everything else should be fine.

Order of upgrades:

1. Graphics Card (I really like Nvidia)

2. SSD (Very notable difference in start up times)

3. Processor