Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Matchmaking Ping Problem

Helleuw.

So for like a month or so I've been having a problem. I usually play with americans (east coast) and whenever I joined a lobby with an american as the host, no problemo, I'd get an east coast server. I always had 150 ping set in dedicated mm ping and those people just had their normal 50 or so pingmax.

All of a sudden it just stopped working. It would keep saying failed to find a mm with acceptable ping. So I raised my ping to 300. Nothing changed, no acceptable ping games found. So my friends raised theirs to like 300 too. Then it works but it will ALWAYS bring us to european servers. Even when I'm in a lobby with 4 americans. This sucks. I'm european but over the years i've gotten used to playing east coast. My friends on the other hand never play euro servers so they can't play properly rocking a pretty 150+ ping. Euro's also play different (like dweebs) anyways,

ANYONE please anyone help me. I want to play east coast servers again with my friends. Any commands you need to know I have, shoot. I tried everything, googled and didn't find nada.

Here's a picture of my puppy to thank you for your help.

post-8230-0-08460800-1399399067_thumb.jpg

that's what we always did and it always did until at a certain point it stopped finding any, even if I highered my ping and they didn't. And what makes it even weirder is when idigital (also belgian) plays with them they find east coast ones, but not with me, even though I am sure I didn't change any settings

Hmm.....

CSGO compet matchmaking usually prefers what the majority is (pings, place of origin etc.) so that's very odd behaviour.

If you need a tester let me know. I could try and help you fiddle with settings and see what result they give.

Could be completely coincidental, or it could be something obvious that we just can't see.

Any help is very much welcome I'm desperate I've been trying to find a solution on google/steamforums, asking friends, asking esea people, checking my settings comparing them to aesopp's, nada.. add me on steam my steam name is kimerten if you're available to help!

try running a vpn on an american ip and turn it off once you get a game, im pretty sure as long as there is a euro and an american in a lobby it tries to find the best server available, which is a lot of the time euro servers.

Edited by Cookie