Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New admins (part 2)

I have brought this topic up before and i feel that it could use a good refreshing. Again there has been a great deal of new admins joining on almost all servers. which is good because i don't want to see my favorite servers being closed do to lack of donations. So, I think that maybe as an idea that we should almost have new admins being marked so they can be watched and or looked out for. And I'm am not saying that the current system of posting threads on admin abuse and ban reports are bad, but I'm just giving a suggestion that could save time of experienced members and staff. Like i said before about them being "watched" doesn't mean that we need to hold there hand through the process of becoming a good admin. but more of the fact that people would be able to point out new admins and make sure that they don't use banned commands and abuse there powers. Again this is just an idea to through out there to save people time. Thanks for your time

blackberry4511

whatever u post for new admins not everyone is goin to read all rules b4 they use their admin, there r 3-5 threads about use of admin, still people go and abuse it/ use forbidden commands/ ban without demo or report. thats just the way it is. best u can do is help them out let them know what u use and what not.

I would like to think that the simple answer to this would be some form of tag on their name...For example, recruits are -hg- and members are [HG]...Could we do something to the effect of [HG](A)? Just a thought...not sure if it would work out but its a start...

I wouldnt necessarily say watch them but I think that another label on them would also help in the fact of who other players should talk to about something that bothers them...Instead of coming in to teamspeak or waiting a half hour for someone on the forums to respond and interupting a guy while he is trying to get some work done or something he can just tell that guy "Hey, this dude is breaking the rules..."

Yes Enigma is right. Educating new admins can prevent a lot of bullshit. But also being an Admin has its common senses. People that buy admin, should already know some rules which are obvious.

Even if they read the rules, like Red said, there are numerous threads about general and admin rules. Too much information at 1 time. Ofcourse you can get a good feel and understand most, but you will soon forget and would need to look again. And again.

I feel experience and being educated is most important. People make mistakes, especially new admins.

But your right. When I got on earlier, I saw 8 admins on. All of them except me had at least 2000. And some of em weren't exactly role models. Maybe they're just naive? Who knows?

Either way, I noticed JJK and other higher ranked Admins are getting on more in JB server at least. They are definitely helping out.

Yeah i agree with all of these. My main intention of this thread is to point out the constant awareness of new admins. And its not the fact that new admins are abusive, but more of the fact that they have NO idea what they are doing. So, i think that maybe if a person registers for admin. they should be notified to read the admin rules. And also sometimes new admins straight up ignore you and there is No way to get the attention. And also if there IS anyway for newer admins to be marked so that other admins are aware of there presents to give a good example and also to tell the new admins what they can and cant do. just in case the new admin hasn't read the rule. (which most of them don't.) And also the fact that staff has been coming into servers were there has been an increasing number of new admin (which is JB) helps out alot and also keeps them from doing something stupid. Which isn't always.

So, i think that maybe if a person registers for admin. they should be notified to read the admin rules.

If the admin rule links were given out at the purchase of admin, that would be awesome and give them hardly an excuse to use commands that they shouldn't be using.

I remember when I got admin on cs:s minigames over one month ago, I had my cs:s in window mode and firefox open with the admin rules (Link 1, Link 2), so if I couldn't remember anything (which happened quite a bit at the start) I could easily refer back to them.

Maybe that should be a hint/advice in the admin rules.

If the admin rule links were given out at the purchase of admin, that would be awesome and give them hardly an excuse to use commands that they shouldn't be using.

I remember when I got admin on cs:s minigames over one month ago, I had my cs:s in window mode and firefox open with the admin rules (Link 1, Link 2), so if I couldn't remember anything (which happened quite a bit at the start) I could easily refer back to them.

Maybe that should be a hint/advice in the admin rules.

This is exactly what I did when I got my admin in the beginning, only with the steam overlay. I'd shift+tab to look at the rules while I listened to the trolls and various other server-goers rage. Then I'd set 'em straight and get back to playing.