Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Map Balance Suggestion Thread

This thread is to handle the issues with terms of balancing for any of the Operation Skycade at Night maps, as well as any other map currently in our rotation.

I will not deal with bugs/suggestions relating to the ZS gamemode itself. If you have a problem with that, back out of this thread and look for this thread here.

In your suggestion for a re-balance, make sure you give pictures if necessary and be as descriptive and to the point as possible. Rambling won't help a soul.

Make sure you state what map version it is. Sometimes I will push out hot-fixes that may have already resolved your issue.

A good example of a re-balance suggestion would be :

Name of map : zs_obj_evac_v7a

What do you think needs re-balancing : Zombies can kill humans off too easily at the Waste Management Plant while on the lift.

Pictures (if needed) : *insert picture here*

i'm assuming this is for all zs maps including obj?

i think all one needs to do is find the maps that have been played over 250 times with less than 2% win rate to figure out which maps need to be balanced..

but i suppose this could go in either direction.

however, instead of balancing current maps, the energy would be better spent adding more new maps.

my $.02

Edited by IMI4tth3w
  • Like 1

i'm assuming this is for all zs maps including obj?

i think all one needs to do is find the maps that have been played over 250 times with less than 2% win rate to figure out which maps need to be balanced..

but i suppose this could go in either direction.

however, instead of balancing current maps, the energy would be better spent adding more new maps.

my $.02

No point adding new maps when in general new maps aren't played, because people would rather take the ez way out and abuse bugs in old maps.

Until I get around to fixing every single one of them, people will still prefer abusing bugs rather than having fun.

my €.02

No point adding new maps when in general new maps aren't played, because people would rather take the ez way out and abuse bugs in old maps.

Until I get around to fixing every single one of them, people will still prefer abusing bugs rather than having fun.

my €.02

not that i entirely disagree, but how can you say new maps aren't played in general? I'm pretty sure almost anytime any of oscar's new maps come up on the map rotation they get picked almost every time.

but i certainly do agree with fixing map bugs. however re-balancing maps isn't exactly fixing any bugs, its just making the maps more appropriate for the server. and to be honest i'm sure there are plenty of maps that are off the rotation right now that only need simple fixes to be put back on rotation. but since they are off rotation, they will just sit there rotting away to be played every once in a blue moon. i know papa is working on updating the map rotation so i'm hoping that will partially fix this issue. we need to see the old maps every once and a while on the rotation.

Edited by IMI4tth3w

• 2 weeks later...

Name of map : zs_urbandecay_v4

What do you think needs re-balancing : you can get out of the map in so many ways its pretty much ridiculous. then there's always the usual zombie that bitches when humans get out of map when there is literally nothing that humans can do down there except die. anyways pls fix kthanks

• 3 weeks later...

zs_obj_enervation_v16b

We have had enough times to play this map and it is apparent the hitpoints of the bridge has been buffed too much. I think the final bridge closest to the escape should be nerfed by 33% to put more pressure on the human team to keep the zombies off the tower. In addition I think the bridge farthest from the escape should have very little hitpoints and the closer to the escape the more hitpoints the bridge will have.

• Like 1

zs_obj_enervation_v16b

We have had enough times to play this map and it is apparent the hitpoints of the bridge has been buffed too much. I think the final bridge closest to the escape should be nerfed by 33% to put more pressure on the human team to keep the zombies off the tower. In addition I think the bridge farthest from the escape should have very little hitpoints and the closer to the escape the more hitpoints the bridge will have.

i agree, i think the bridge closest to the entry should have much less hp, while the second bridge can still have a decent amount of hp. that way the zombies have a better chance of getting the first bridge down and snagging a few brains. the smart humans will hang back on the 2nd to closest bridge and make the jump across. adds a higher level of skill to that area instead of not even needing to try.

Edited by IMI4tth3w

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Name of map : zs_obj_crestofwaves_v2

What do you think needs re-balancing: Too difficult and the zombies spawns makes it easy to kill people by jumping off the cliff and by at least hitting them once every respawn. then kleiners die first then the rest of us. Theres basically no where to cade and like every man for themselves then the rest of us dies. I think it should either be removed or balanced cause its a waste of points buying grenade launchers and gluons on an open map no cade.

• 2 weeks later...

Name of map: zs_obj_day_zero_hg_v11_fix

What do you think needs re-balancing:

Nutshell: Zombies get ahead of humans in tunnel, parkour too difficult for humans to get through (Specifically the ledge)

Sitting at a 2-3% win-rate, day zero has become a map believed to never be won. When the water starts to lower (The first time humans hold off against the zombies after intermission), zombies jump into the tunnel before the humans can and body-block the team which slows everyone down and messes up the team. For the people who make it through, half of the humans die almost every single time on the parkour both from the lack of GMod experience (Difficult to get across the ledge without air strafing which many people don't know how to do) or from the people with a lower-end computer that makes it difficult to land on the props floating in the water.

By the time people make it through the parkour, it usually has 80% of the population as zombies which causes the remaining humans to be overwhelmed simply by the number of zombies even if the remaining humans all have tier 6 weapons.

The mechanical skills required for the parkour is too harsh for new players which is what usually causes our defeat. The zombies shouldn't be able to get ahead of us that easily since the parkour is already difficult enough to not lose people in. Having zombies attack humans in front of the group shouldn't even be possible at this part. There should be a delay for zombies to jump into the water to give humans time to get through the parkour.

• 1 year later...