Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I'm Gonna Rant A Bit

LoseOurMinds

So my band teacher decided to make me do a playing test that I couldn't do. I stalled, trying not to do it, but somehow it came back to me. I had to play it in front of everyone and I swear that was the hardest thing I had to play in my life. I ended up failing it and feeling really self conscious about my flute playing skills. My band teacher made me the only one who had to play in front of everyone.

So my band teacher decided to make me do a playing test that I couldn't do. I stalled, trying not to do it, but somehow it came back to me. I had to play it in front of everyone and I swear that was the hardest thing I had to play in my life. I ended up failing it and feeling really self conscious about my flute playing skills. My band teacher made me the only one who had to play in front of everyone.

Don't be upset, just keep working at it! I know how shitty it can be freezing in front of people during a performance; it's good to remember that it isn't the end of the world. Like I said just keep practicing and come back stronger next time! Positivity is key.

Edited by Arya Mad?

• 3 weeks later...

youll get the hang of it and accostumed of playing infront of crowds in a while, im lucky enough to have started playing infront of people since i was little, i can remember that i played the guitar with another guy in liek 3rd grade infront of like 60 parents, scary shit but thru time i got used to it and you end up liking it. If you do enjoy music try to find an instrument that suits you, ive tested out a lot of instruments and the one that fit the best are the keyboard and the bass so those are the only instruments i play infront of ppl rn

never stop practicing, even if you think that youve mastered the music sheet or whatever theres always room for improvement, always practice