Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Idea For Leveling Up Weapons N' Stats

Marco

So I've watched my nephew play this silly mobile game "clash royale" which gave me a really original idea of stealing ideas.

How about adding cards (or anything really) that sometimes gets dropped from zombies same way as bonus crates (and can also be obtained as post-game bonuses).

Each card would be assigned to an individual weapon, player stat, or zombie type, and once you have X amount of same cards you can chose to spend points to buy a level up for it.

Each level would require an exponential amount of more cards and points for next level up.

As example:

Lv 1: 5 cards + 50 pts

Lv 2: 10 cards + 100 pts

Lv 3: 20 cards + 200 pts

The stat boosts from each level would be so minor that it barely makes any difference on the end result (like max level of something only gives double the damage in the end after you spent like a million points for it). But at least it would show for other players on HUD that you are holding "Lv 5 Crossbow" or so. (giving you the false sense of having a better social status in the server)

Then different cards would be more common or rare then others, so more common cards would be for low tier weapons or zombies and rare cards would be for high tier weapons or boss zombies.

Rare cards would require less cards for each level up but costs a lot more points.

This kind of system would make server more addictive to keep playing ZS for longer period of time, don't you think?

(not like you have anything better to do with your useless lives anyway)

• Like 2

I think the idea is really cool, I'm just always careful about an idea of playing longer gives you some sort of edge against newer players. If this could happen, it would need to be implemented well. I think it would be brilliant to add a trading option where players could trade cards for points and other cards. If a player would pull a very rare card, it would be a blast to see the bidding go out for it, as old players would be looking to upgrade guns, and new players are looking for points.

Would like to hear other opinions about it, I'll see what people on the server would feel.

I feel this is a great idea if it is implemented in the right way. Instead of a direct stat update on the weapons i would rather have someting that rebalances the weapon. This wouldnt make it either worse or better but change up the gameplay of the gun. If its only a stat upgrade for every level it will eventually become unbalanced.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great Marco idea.

I propose not to evolve the weapons of tier 1,because the weapons of tier 1 are balanced.

But on the other hand it is necessary to lower the price of the last level because 1 million points is just imposible.

I agree it must be complicated but it must nevertheless be accessible.

I propose an example of the points system below. Some will say that it is not expensive enough because some have more points than others. It should not be forgotten that it also requires the cards. I suppose weaponscards tier1 through tier3 will be more available than weaponscards tier 6. So this means that the one who happens to evolve on weapons of tier5 or 6 will have to spend time to play and thus justify are evolution.

I propose not to evolve the weapons of tier 1,because the weapons of tier 1 are balanced.

[spoiler=>>> EXAMPLE <<&lt]Example:

Tier 2 = 30 000 pts for go to LvL 5

Level 1>2 5000 pts

Level 2>3 6000 pts

Level 3>4 9000 pts

Level 4>5 10000 pts

Tier 3 = 50000 pts for go to LvL 5

Level 1>2 5000 pts

Level 2>3 10000 pts

Level 3>4 15000 pts

Level 4>5 20000 pts

Tier 4 = 60000 pts for go to LvL 5