Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I have, for the most part, completed the main logic of the translator. With it's current implementation, it uses a server written in node to do the translations independent of the game server. This translator should be able to be used by any gamemode without effecting server code, and I plan to make it a plugin on the steam workshop.

Here is a video of me demonstrating the translator.

In the final version, the language will be selected from a popup window either by using a command, or (in our server at least) a button in the options window.

You will still be able to change the language with the 'native_language' command though.

The chat output color, visibility, and tag are just there for testing. The final version will use something that looks a lot better.

• Like 3

In the final version, all other languages will be translated to your language. If you are korean, everyone who does not speak korean will be translated to korean, and appear to be speaking korean. Since the translation does not involve the game server, translations made for you do not appear in chat for everyone else. In the final version, the untranslated chat messages will be replaced, and you will not see them. Also, if a player speaks the same language as you, they will not be translated.