Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Xeno gamers using same jailbreak map as hellgamers

Trelvick

Hey yea, Title says it all. I was just going on to play the ba_hell and I saw a ba_hell under my old history of xeno. So are they allowed to do that? "stealing" the jailbreaks only map

Edit: Sorry if the writing seems awkward, had a drink of apple cider just 1/5 of a glass to try it and I've been a little itsy bitsy with what I'm able to type.

Anyone can use the map. (if they remove teh credits we get upset tho)

The reason XG is banned, is because they copied our server name to steal members.

aaaaaaa.png

cheating gets you nowhere

If the map is out on fps banana they can probably use it.

It's not on FPSBanana (screw gamebanana, I liked the old name), although every time you enter the server, you download the map that that server is one, in order to be able to play there. It's very easy to steal a map, all ya gotta do is go to C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/<your steam name>/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps and all the maps you've ever played on are there.

It's not on FPSBanana (screw gamebanana, I liked the old name), although every time you enter the server, you download the map that that server is one, in order to be able to play there. It's very easy to steal a map, all ya gotta do is go to C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/<your steam name>/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps and all the maps you've ever played on are there.

Thats not really stealing. I seen an addon for sm a few years back that encrypted the file onto your disk or something so other people couldn't use it, and used some launcher so it would read it.

Lol I used to be in xG and we were using that map months ago (around December). Not sure why they're still using it if the xG admins were complaining about it and trying to get it removed...

Because they can't make their own?... or... haven't taken ours yet?

Thats not really stealing. I seen an addon for sm a few years back that encrypted the file onto your disk or something so other people couldn't use it, and used some launcher so it would read it.

That, however is actually illegal because it is against the SourceMod's license. You can not release a plugin without the sourcecode.