Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Votekick Percentages

Lumpymayo

It's so frustrating when trollers/shit caders/mic spammers can have free reign on the server when no admin are online. The vote percentage is so high that its incredibly rare for a votekick or votezlist to ever pass. When 55/90 people vote yes to kick a troller and the vote fails it just pisses everyone off. Please reconsider lowering the vote percentage to 51% of the server population.

Edited by Lumpymayo
  • Like 2

I agree totally with Lumpy. There will be a guy who completely dooms all the humans by mass trolling, and for some reason... the new players dont vote at all.

I wont name names but there was one person who nailed a prop on stadium skycade where everyone was standing and he/she made everyone in the skycade fall (where the majority of the server was). Yet only 30 people out of 80 only voted.

OR:

The problem could be: All the zombies band together to vote 2 when a human player is trolling their own team.

Edited by TheRealZack

What about trolls hitting 1 (yes) just because? Or people abusing votekick/votezlist? or both combined? It needs to be the way it is now. I know that sometimes there are trolls pressing 2 (No) just for the sake of trolling, but if the user being voted has really become a server disruption, votes tend to go through.

Also, it's not like it was before that we had no moderators onlien most of the time. We try to keep the server moderated as much as we can.

Edited by Dreamy

What about trolls hitting 1 (yes) just because? Or people abusing votekick/votezlist? or both combined? It needs to be the way it is now. I know that sometimes there are trolls pressing 2 (No) just for the sake of trolling, but if the user being voted has really become a server disruption, votes tend to go through.

Also, it's not like it was before that we had no moderators onlien most of the time. We try to keep the server moderated as much as we can.

But in my time there are no mods on until my 4 pm GMT from 9 am. So I agree with lumpy

Is it possible to randomize yes or no for the 1 and 2 vote options so pressing 1 every time has a 50% chance of being a vote for yes. This way a lower passing vote requirement would be trolled less. In addition a more strict enforcement about troll votes should deter people from doing it.

FYI, demos are currently broken (as far as i know) and currently waiting for garry to fix them.

correct me if i'm wrong, but that was the last i heard unfortunately.

believe me lumpy, i understand your pain. and coming from a mod point of view where i can remove nails and zlist as i please, so to speak, i can see why impact and others want the % to be on the higher side.

at this point, the only purpose of the vote zlist is to bring attention to the person who is being addressed rather than actually zlisting them. if it is a serious issue, the zlist does pass from time to time. this helps prevent troll zlisting.

its not perfect, but i think its not near as bad now that we have a good number of active mods.

Edited by IMI4tth3w
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Both ideas of a higher vote and lower vote percentage are good.

Higher percentage vote allows the non trolls from being zlisted or kicked from the server, but it sometimes works in favor of the trolls.

Lower percentage vote would make it easier for trolls to get zlisted or kicked, but non trollers may get zlisted or kicked because there are many people who vote yes without thinking.