Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Underwater Combat/ Mobile Combat

dnascot

So now that the map swimming pool is added back and there seems to be a surplus of water that is unique to the map, I was thinking maybe a new cading style can be promoted.

I created a submarine like cade today; however:

1) it lacked the ability to lift a massive amount of people (including the cade's own weight). For that maybe purchasable buoy props that could be nailed to other props. If there could be a way to adjust the bouy's lift power manually as well, a submarine cade could go between underwater to hide from zombies and above water to get air. This could finally make the air tank useful....since no one ever uses it...

2) it lacked the ability to move efficiently and was unable to be effectively maneuvered. A purchasable propeller/rocket that could be nailed to props and could be turned on and off would apply to both movement and directional shifting. This could also allow for mobile land vehicles to rise. This also allows for effective strategical use of props on large maps (since mobile cades can arrive at new places and abosorb props from it's surroundings) the issue comes in 3)

3) it lacked the ability to enter and exit. maybe a purchasable hatch or door prop that could be nailed to props could be added.

4) it lacked the ability to be shot out of effectively. Maybe a purchasable glass props that can be shot out of can be added.

5) props burn underwater........

Other issues I notice with this new idea are:

• the shade can control non-stationary nailed props and kill humans with them
  • people can troll tremendously with the new props intented for lift ,movement, and entrances/exits
  • slow zombies may have a hard time catching up to certain mobile cades.
  • unlimited purchasable props can be used be shoved on to real stationary cades and act as massive amounts of fodders (maybe limit the about that can be purchased)

Stationary cades get repetitive and our server nurtures skycades. Let's spice up the zombie survival game mode with a refreshing sound of screaming passengers :D

Edited by dnascot
  • Like 3

With the submarine thing aside, I feel like underwater(stationary) cades should be a thing.

Humans are basically free of fast zombies, head crabs are less effective; but in return they must buy oxygen tank, and push out back to the surface every intermission before drowning.

Just look at underground society, see what was done to the pool and the idea behind it?

A purchasable propeller/rocket that could be nailed to props and could be turned on and off would apply to both movement and directional shifting. This could also allow for mobile land vehicles to rise. This also allows for effective strategical use of props on large maps (since mobile cades can arrive at new places and abosorb props from it's surroundings)

source/ Gmod physics are not the best. it might end up killing the humans. btw i was there with the submarine