Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Please Remove / Do Something About These Maps

Fir3w411

There are some really, really bad maps on the server right now and they need to go. Seriously.

These maps include:

• Stadium
  • KrustyKrab (not the one with the chumbucket)
  • Last Stand Mall
  • Mall Beta
  • Swimming Pool
  • Enervation
  • Dump

There are many, many more maps but these are the ones I can recall right off the top of my head / have played today.

Either remove them or figure something out because they are all really bad maps.

I'd probably take this topic seriously if this was somone else. Anyways I've already moved crabs to votemap. As for the other

maps no bueno. i mean if you're going to ask to remove specific maps at least point out what makes them bad at least. I

mean you really think im going to take this into consideration without even having a reason to remove the maps? The only

one i can actually take into account is probably obj_dump, and the reason for that removal is that it's pretty human sided.

• Like 3

I'd probably take this topic seriously if this was somone else.

ATB at it again with ad hominem. Glorious.

These maps have the same repetitive play style and cading spots, are boring for both humans and zombies and as a result end up being a waste of time.

Stadium is a great example of this. 99% of the time the cade is in the lockers. Same boring hallway that humans cade and end up dying before or on wave 6 every time. The other 1% of the time is in the upstairs where it rarely ever lasts either.

KrustyKrab is an awful map with the same cading spot and same end-result every time - humans lose or win with a boring round.

Last Stand Mall is probably the map I dread the most. It is seriously the most boring map I can think of - Lost Relics or Supermarket. Each very boring and not fun for anyone.

Mall Beta can be a bit more exciting but is still always the same cades, in the same spots, with the same end results.

Swimming Pool is pretty self explanatory......

Enervation is cancer for zombies and boring for humans.

Dump is the same as Enervation in the sense that zombies just die all game long and the map itself is pretty bad in how it ends and flows.

Edited by Fir3w411

These maps have the same repetitive play style and cading spots, are boring for both humans and zombies and as a result end up being a waste of time.

Stadium is a great example of this. 99% of the time the cade is in the lockers. Same boring hallway that humans cade and end up dying before or on wave 6 every time. The other 1% of the time is in the upstairs where it rarely ever lasts either.

KrustyKrab is an awful map with the same cading spot and same end-result every time - humans lose or win with a boring round.

Last Stand Mall is probably the map I dread the most. It is seriously the most boring map I can think of - Lost Relics or Supermarket. Each very boring and not fun for anyone.

Mall Beta can be a bit more exciting but is still always the same cades, in the same spots, with the same end results.

Swimming pool is pretty self explanatory......

Dump is the same as Enervation in the sense that zombies just die all game long and the map itself is pretty bad in how it ends and flows.

Sure i can probably look into adding/removing these maps but then again there are different areas to cade. its not like

there is only 1 viable area to cade. Here's another notary what maps what we use to replace these? Can't just take out

maps and not replace them with new ones. I mean if the map is really so bad i've never seen anyone else complain about

these maps. People seem to like to play these maps so let them. You're welcome to suggest any maps to the server.

Otherwise I'm still standing with my judgement. And man you really shouldn't be the one talking. Really i get complaints

out of you everyday about anything on the servers its quite riveting how you manage to pull so much complaint being the

only one to do so remarkably. It's just been about to the point to where it's quite toxic.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some more terrible maps:

Infirmary

Snowy Castle

Snowedin

School

I guess i'll have to explain again, just like what's said above just telling us what you think is bad gives us absolutely no reason to regard your inquiries when you put absolutely no reasoning behind it whatsoever. Truly give a grand explanation of why such maps should be removed rather then the simple phrases of "it's shit" "it's boring" "i don't like it". I mean really why don't you actually put effort into these things as you're wasting my time and your's really. And please don't say because people cade in the same spot. Maybe you try to cade then and provide newer areas of opportunity to where game-play can feel more refreshing in a different spot. Many maps have multiple cading spots, humans just don't decide to do so.

• Like 3

If any effort I put forth in trying to get new maps in is just squashed by half this forum, what is the purpose of this feedback forum?

Half the server population hates these maps together, and I have already given reasons as to why I think the given maps should be removed. But that is not enough. So what should I bring forth if what I have given is not enough?

If any effort I put forth in trying to get new maps in is just squashed by half this forum, what is the purpose of this feedback forum?

Half the server population hates these maps together, and I have already given reasons as to why I think the given maps should be removed. But that is not enough. So what should I bring forth if what I have given is not enough?

2 things:

1. You didn't explain why in the last maps you posted

2. I have told you many times to explain why the maps should be removed.

If you are not going to try to explain why these maps should be removed and give detail rather than just saying "map is cancer"

like in this post :

Not much can be done. Also, maps won't be removed just because 1 person (out of 50) doesn't enjoy it.

It is annoying when the same thing has been said many times and you don't seem to get it. Let's give an example:

zs_neighborhood_v2

*Doesn't have many props to cade with.

*Has broken zombie spawns.

*Crashes for some people

etc...

You should try to follow something like that when you are explaining rather than just saying "self explanatory":

Swimming Pool is pretty self explanatory......

And btw i am not sure if someone has told you this: If the problem is a cading spot why don't you try cading somewhere else?

Edited by Webflashing
  • Like 4

Ad homs hurt me oh my gosh I sexually identify as a stadium and racially as dump.

Basically, most zs maps are going to have a few "popular" cading spots: the tried and true. I don't know why you're complaining about the map when back in my day, we caded the 2 locations (not including the secret room) to great effectiveness - yes, we won the map - and the 'basement', locker rooms, office, the backyard, the fucking kitchen room, and boiler room?. These are most if not all of the possible cade locations.

It seems to me like you are not properly understanding the problem, which is not the map but the population. Most can't cade and I presume you can't either, which is funny being that you're the one complaining about the lack of cading variation. Get some people, cade somwhere "new". Stadium has a LOT of VIABLE cading locations and options. I'm using stadium as an example as well. That map has above-average cading spots for which you can choose from.

I'm 99% sure you should be blaming the current population/generation of players in the server, instead of lamenting about the map. It's like blaming Donald Trump, our hero, when you should be blaming the very Americans who voted for him...

As for dump, which is an objective map, I don't see your point being valid in this case, because the very NATURE of ZS_OBJ maps are to camp zspawn over and over again. Being zombie on obj maps isn't fun.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 5

You havent suggested any new maps so we can switch them for those maps at all so I dont understand your point there.

Me and all the other Mappers are always constantly trying to get new maps on the server, but this takes a while.

And Honestly it doesnt help either to know that if 1 Guy doesnt like your map he will go on its way to make posts like this without even giving explanation of why they should be removed.

You seriously need to specify on this stuff, you cant just go and say "Well remove em cuz I dont like em"

I do agree that both Infirmary and Insurance have a pretty bad Human Sided Stelk Map Syndrome and that something should be done about those, but for the rest I dont get whats wrong with them.

Snowedin, School and Snowy Castle have a lot of different cading spots, like Atrocity said

It seems to me like you are not properly understanding the problem, which is not the map but the population. Most can't cade and I presume you can't either

I personally dont like Snowy Castle, but that's just a personal opinion and there isnt anything really worth removing the map.

Last Stand Mall has tons and tons of different cading spots, Think of any cade type and I assure you, you can do it in that map, be it a skycade, doorcade.

I really think you need to reconsider when a map is worth removing and when it is not.

Try to find good reasons that actually cause problems like here: https://hellsgamers.com/topic/125084-remove-zm-desprerados/, not just some personal opinions.

• Like 1

Most of the maps that you listed are played a lot in the server, which means that people actually vote for it and want to play it. Although overplayed maps suck and I hate most of them as well, there are more people that disagree.

• 4 weeks later...

Where as you may not like it, other people do. Just because you hate these maps doesn't mean that they need to be COMPLETELY removed from the game. Other players quite enjoy them, and often vote for them. If it's the maps you hate then just log off, and go do something else till it's over.