Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs_Crackhouse_Hg (Cs:source)

oneshot23

Good Evening,

I have completed making a new cs_crackhouse map for the HG community. I have spent about four days on the map so may need some touching up but it should be pretty well ready to go. The map was completely remade from scratch so there will be differences in heights, wall thickness (Prevent feet from showing through) and much more. I have tested it inside and out seems to be working pretty smooth. There are no buy zones, hostage rescue or bomb sites. I kept those all off as it is more of a DM map. Also there are quite a few screenshots but I wanted to allow you to view before downloading.

Map Objective

The sole purpose of this map was to make it so the map is not one sided. If you have great players on a single team they will eventually destroy the opponents to the point you can't even leave spawn. I also wanted to make a few differences to allow some what of a change to the map. Adding in a few extra spots and changing already existing areas. Also of course I wanted to make it FUN!

I am open to critique and ideas. So if you play it and think something may be better please do not hesitate to ask and or point it out! All in all I hope to see this map on the cs_crackhouse server in the future and I hope all the players enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Sorry guys for the dropbox links not working. Apparently there was too much traffic on my links so dropbox disabled them. I am just going to direct everyone to the gamebanana post I made. It is a live updated one so should be fresh and functioning the best! Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Map Differences

The V1 version has everything in contact. So what I mean by this is the V2 is changed to be best optimized for HG servers. The V2 version has the windows removed, added invisible blocks and deleted all the breakable walls that exist. V3 has a few updates to it such as larger door ways in the T house, can now shoot through the walls of any building and shadows still will not clip through and fixed a few textures. That is what the differences are so nothing to major just a removal of a few things and a few added blocks you cant see.

V1. Map Download and Images: Click Me!

V2. HG Edition: Click Me!

V3. HG Edition (Update 1/3/17): Click Me!

Enjoy,

OneShot23

Edited by oneshot23
  • Like 8

Thank you all for the feedback! I have made a few adjustments and I hope the tweaks help. But as of the camping I am hoping that with all the areas to camp in there are rather good counter camping spots. I have not tested the map on a well populated server but I would like to see how it turns out on HG. I will also be updating the V1 to have a larger manhole. I also hope some people find good use out of the plants and the camera haha xD.

Change Log (Requests from HG):

Made the manholes larger so they are easier to get down.

Removed all windows (Performance enhancement).

Removed all breakable walls so they are now prebroken (Performance enhancement).

Added some invis walls to the map to prevent you from seeing through the floor.

Please note that this map is NOT on FPS banana. If you want the map for HG please download it from my main post.

Edited by oneshot23

Team,

I have made an update to the map. This update includes the following...

* Doors are wider inside the crackhouse (48 to 60).

* Made all exterior walls to any main buildings thinner (16 to 8) so they can now be shot through. I checked to ensure shadows do not clip through and did not see that as an error.

* Increased the brightness in the attic so the CT's have a better visual inside. Also so it's not T sided there.

* Fixed a few textures as my OCD was killing me lol. Though still have a few textures that no matter what will not be perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Team,

I have made an update to the map. This update includes the following...

* Doors are wider inside the crackhouse (48 to 60).

* Made all exterior walls to any main buildings thinner (16 to 8) so they can now be shot through. I checked to ensure shadows do not clip through and did not see that as an error.

* Increased the brightness in the attic so the CT's have a better visual inside. Also so it's not T sided there.

* Fixed a few textures as my OCD was killing me lol. Though still have a few textures that no matter what will not be perfect.

Good work. Thank you!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the feedback and I am glad you all enjoy it as much as I did making it! As of the bots I am unable to modify the .nav my CSS hates the paint function for whatever reason. But I know where there are any angled doors it has caused an issue with them. Also in the addict they get stuck in the corners.

Team,

I have again made some updates to the map. These updates are to help make it so it is easier to see other players in certain locations. As well as some performance and just some tweaking. Please see changes below and if there is anything you do not like post in the comments!

• Changed exterior textures of Apartments to a lighter one
  • Added lights in T Attic in windows
  • Added a light for Sewer entrance in back alley
  • Added a light for Neutral near air ducts to increase CT/T visibility
  • Changed two models in Garage as you were not able to shoot through them even though you could see through them
  • Moved two sets of file cabinets closer to the wall like they should have been
  • Added window model to Truck parked behind T house
  • Fixed a small chuck of the map that was sticking out for no reason in sub building on Garage
  • Fixed a small area on Garage where the wall did not fully meet which left a nodraw texture open to see
  • Increased Sewers depth so it is now 128 units tall vs 72 units and added more water
  • Changed ladders in the game in areas I think that the modeled ones would look appropriate
  • Moved a few CT spawns to allow a more spread out spawn
    • Moved one in Apartments
    • Moved one middle Garage
    • Moved one to back alley of Neutral
    • Turned a CT spawn to face an opening vs facing a corner

[*]Added two pictures in the apartments

[*]Added a plant to the window facing Neutral Alley from Apartments

[*]Aligned the vent texture on Garage (A small spot was driving me nuts)

[*]Added a top texture to Garage and sub building to Garage for more detail

[*]Moved lights in Sewers to be a little lower to adjust to the new heights

[*]Changed a few of the Utility Lights that are not on to different model that makes them look as if they are turned off

• Above Garage main door
    • Above Office Door in Neutral near spawn

[*]Changed depths of all Skybox walls and floor to make new depths for Sewers

[*]Added a maintenance closet to the Apartment Hallway

[*]Added another door into the Apartment Hallway (Non enter able)

[*]Changed a building texture in CT spawn to help allow CT/T viability

[*]Added HG Texture to front face of the crackhouse

[*]Fixed 6 missing blocks attached to the T roof causing no draw textures to be seen

Download: Click Me!

Please note I named it simply cs_crackhouse_hg_v3updated and HG will most likely change the name to something else. You may be required to download the map again depending on what they name it. The files are saved as a .7z but inside it is .bz2 so it is easier on HG for a quick add to their Fast DL. So for those that are going to use these files you have to extract it from the .bz2 as well.

Edited by oneshot23