Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Suggestion For Re-Populating Perp

-Shift-

This idea might seem like a long shot, but i think it can do something for the perp server, and if it doesnt help with perp, it would be something fun to do :) I was thinking that select members could help out with a trailer/advert for youtube and other video sharing websites, advertising the perp server! I made the thread because i would love to make one, and want to ask if any of you would like to help!

• Like 1

I like this idea. The server is doing better since the update too.

I was thinking we may be able to do this on the debug server, so we dont interup what ever is going on in the actual server. mabey we can get people to volunteer for being part of it in a different thread.

Perp has been doing really really good latly. Infact we are the most popular now. We are above QIG, HZ, And all the others!

HZ is down at the moment. I thought this would not only increase the population, but just be fun to do with the community! 40 out of 70 slots is ok, but not like perp used to be. i remember when it used to be almost full, and i wish it was like that again!

I attempted to make an introduction video late one night in Taiwan. Couldn't get further than 5 minutes without someone yelling something in chinese.

Thing is about a trailer, for it to be good, it needs to actually be good. To make it good, you need someone who is good.......

So I'm in...

Also @rush, I dunno what version or whatever of fraps you have, but fraps leaves a watermark on the end result, same with bandicam. OBS is the way to go.

http://obsproject.com/

Just spent the last hur or two sitting in a church service thinking about this stuff.

I got a legit recording software too..... > :(

So I have a pretty good idea of what I would make as the trailer, positions of the camera and all.

It would be very epic, probably a lot less cooler than I imagine though, just because we are limited to the basic movement of the models and because we can't stop/move cars etc around to do exactly what we want.

So here goes:

Opening shot is an Ariel view of the city, deserted, evening, but not night. Nothing on the streets, no sound except the sound of a van in the distance.

The camera changes to a 45 degree looking down upon city tunnel. A white pedo van zooms out and skids to a stop infront of tides, engine is cut off. Silence.

Switch to a floor view in the tides entrance with 4 pairs of feet running past. All you see is the feet. As the runners run further into tides, the camera moves up. It becomes evident 3 of them are armed with shotguns and another with an uzi. Sound of running.

Switch to an ariel view of bank, as the camera flies it goes past gas station and over bugerking. Again, silent.

Switch to 1st person loading of the shotgun inside tides. All quiet except from the loading of the shotgun. In the background you can hear the other two raiders loading up their shotguns. The person looks to either side of him, at the other two raiders and gives a *Confirmation look*, as if to say *You ready?*. At this point they are outside tides 1. The person with the uzi goes into a crouch facing the main entrance. The Beeping begins from the door breacher placed on the door.

The beeping gets louder and louder in the next few shots before it blows up.

The ariel camera turns away from Burger King and you see the whole tides building. There are two men at either entrance holding assault rifles watching the road. Silence.

The beeping quickens.

You see the inside of the room. There are two people inside. One in the corner, one in the corridor leading to the door. There are 3 pots in the corner where one of the defenders are. They are unaware of the door breacher.

As the door breacher finalizes it's count down, you go to the 1st person view of one of the raiders. He is on one side of the door, and the other two are on the other side, guns pointed towards the door. The door explodes infront of the camera. Music starts. The raider enters the room.

Camera cuts to the corner behind the defendor in the corridor. You can see both the defender and the raider who is now entering the room. The defender is blasted towards the camera before he has time to react.

Cut to the opposite corner of the room, the entering raiders are on the right of the frame, the defender on the left. I don't really know how to do this bit smoothly, but the defender pulls a pistol, preferably the deagle on the raiders. He is shot and killed before he can shoot.

Birds eye view of the outside part where the entrance to tides is. A pickup truck backs up to the door, the two gunmen at the door move up to defend the truck. Shotgun blasts are heard in the background.

A close up of the back of the pickup truck, the camera facing the road. 3 pots are brought and dropped into frame into the back of the truck. In the distance you hear sirens. The truck pulls away. All the raiders are sitting in the truck, except one armed with an M4 who is crouching in the back, gun raised. The truck turns into city tunnel out of frame, immediately followed by the original pedo van. The sirens get louder, and after a few seconds of nothing in the frame, 3 cop cars zoom past, following the trucks.

The camera is showing the exit of city tunnel from the grass opposite the exit. the pickup and pedo are side by side, and turn to go towards hospital. The cop cars are following, and skid to halt to form a barricade infront of city tunnel. The cops get out and shoot towards the trucks.

The camera shows the entrance to hospital tunnel with the trucks heading into it. They do not enter the tunnel. The tires are popped. This is simulated by spikes put down infront of the tunnel, but out of shot of the camera. The trucks split to form their own barricade infront of the tunnel.

Birds eye view of the shootout. A few of the raiders are running into tunnel, shooting behind as the run. A few are shooting from behind their cars.

The camera does some 1st person shots from the cops and the raiders, each lasting only a few seconds.

The camera is inside the entrance to hospital tunnel. The last raiders shooting from behind the cars, turn and run. Followed a few seconds later by the swat van crashing into the centre of the barricade, smashing the two cars apart. 4 swat exit the vehicle. shooting past the camera into the tunnel. Two on each side, they walk slowly past the camera shooting.

Camera is inside the tunnel at the side. It shows the raiders running to the right of the frame. They turn to shoot then run. Bullets fly past them. A few of them fall. The drugs were abandoned when the swat van crashed into the cars.

The music fades. The camera shows the exit of the hospital tunnel. The swat emerge. The raiders are nowhere to be seen. They lower their weapons.

Again, birds eye view of the shootout area, now a wreckage. Ambulance pulls up out of city. Only sirens are heard.

Camera returns to the exit of the hospital tunnel. It zooms out, showing the 4 remaining raiders on the two sides of the tunnel, behind the swat. The swat walked past them, as they exited the tunnel. The music starts again. The raiders blast the swat, killing all, before running past the camera towards hospital. *Hellsgamers PERP* comes onto screen. Hellsgamers ontop, PERP in bold in the center, and *Create Chaos. Raise Hell* on the bottom. <---- Up to change.

Scene ends. Hellsgamers logo is shown, and it ends.

If you've taken the time to read through that, tell me what you think. It's my idea of what I think would be an epic trailer. Estimated time length of 1 - 1:30 mins.

I know the camera placement can be confusing to describe. I know where I mean, just tell me and I'll try to make it clearer for you.

Someone give me the heads up and I'll start stitching together the beginning shots of city and the car wreck etc on singleplayer.

Also need some fast paced music to put it to. I ain't into that stuff so if someone wants to suggest something go ahead....

Edited by WhataWackaMonk
  • Like 1

Just spent the last hur or two sitting in a church service thinking about this stuff.

I got a legit recording software too..... > :(

So I have a pretty good idea of what I would make as the trailer, positions of the camera and all.

It would be very epic, probably a lot less cooler than I imagine though, just because we are limited to the basic movement of the models and because we can't stop/move cars etc around to do exactly what we want.

So here goes:

Opening shot is an Ariel view of the city, deserted, evening, but not night. Nothing on the streets, no sound except the sound of a van in the distance.

The camera changes to a 45 degree looking down upon city tunnel. A white pedo van zooms out and skids to a stop infront of tides, engine is cut off. Silence.

Switch to a floor view in the tides entrance with 4 pairs of feet running past. All you see is the feet. As the runners run further into tides, the camera moves up. It becomes evident 3 of them are armed with shotguns and another with an uzi. Sound of running.

Switch to an ariel view of bank, as the camera flies it goes past gas station and over bugerking. Again, silent.

Switch to 1st person loading of the shotgun inside tides. All quiet except from the loading of the shotgun. In the background you can hear the other two raiders loading up their shotguns. The person looks to either side of him, at the other two raiders and gives a *Confirmation look*, as if to say *You ready?*. At this point they are outside tides 1. The person with the uzi goes into a crouch facing the main entrance. The Beeping begins from the door breacher placed on the door.

The beeping gets louder and louder in the next few shots before it blows up.

The ariel camera turns away from Burger King and you see the whole tides building. There are two men at either entrance holding assault rifles watching the road. Silence.

The beeping quickens.

You see the inside of the room. There are two people inside. One in the corner, one in the corridor leading to the door. There are 3 pots in the corner where one of the defenders are. They are unaware of the door breacher.

As the door breacher finalizes it's count down, you go to the 1st person view of one of the raiders. He is on one side of the door, and the other two are on the other side, guns pointed towards the door. The door explodes infront of the camera. Music starts. The raider enters the room.

Camera cuts to the corner behind the defendor in the corridor. You can see both the defender and the raider who is now entering the room. The defender is blasted towards the camera before he has time to react.

Cut to the opposite corner of the room, the entering raiders are on the right of the frame, the defender on the left. I don't really know how to do this bit smoothly, but the defender pulls a pistol, preferably the deagle on the raiders. He is shot and killed before he can shoot.

Birds eye view of the outside part where the entrance to tides is. A pickup truck backs up to the door, the two gunmen at the door move up to defend the truck. Shotgun blasts are heard in the background.

A close up of the back of the pickup truck, the camera facing the road. 3 pots are brought and dropped into frame into the back of the truck. In the distance you hear sirens. The truck pulls away. All the raiders are sitting in the truck, except one armed with an M4 who is crouching in the back, gun raised. The truck turns into city tunnel out of frame, immediately followed by the original pedo van. The sirens get louder, and after a few seconds of nothing in the frame, 3 cop cars zoom past, following the trucks.

The camera is showing the exit of city tunnel from the grass opposite the exit. the pickup and pedo are side by side, and turn to go towards hospital. The cop cars are following, and skid to halt to form a barricade infront of city tunnel. The cops get out and shoot towards the trucks.

The camera shows the entrance to hospital tunnel with the trucks heading into it. They do not enter the tunnel. The tires are popped. This is simulated by spikes put down infront of the tunnel, but out of shot of the camera. The trucks split to form their own barricade infront of the tunnel.

Birds eye view of the shootout. A few of the raiders are running into tunnel, shooting behind as the run. A few are shooting from behind their cars.

The camera does some 1st person shots from the cops and the raiders, each lasting only a few seconds.

The camera is inside the entrance to hospital tunnel. The last raiders shooting from behind the cars, turn and run. Followed a few seconds later by the swat van crashing into the centre of the barricade, smashing the two cars apart. 4 swat exit the vehicle. shooting past the camera into the tunnel. Two on each side, they walk slowly past the camera shooting.

Camera is inside the tunnel at the side. It shows the raiders running to the right of the frame. They turn to shoot then run. Bullets fly past them. A few of them fall. The drugs were abandoned when the swat van crashed into the cars.

The music fades. The camera shows the exit of the hospital tunnel. The swat emerge. The raiders are nowhere to be seen. They lower their weapons.

Again, birds eye view of the shootout area, now a wreckage. Ambulance pulls up out of city. Only sirens are heard.

Camera returns to the exit of the hospital tunnel. It zooms out, showing the 4 remaining raiders on the two sides of the tunnel, behind the swat. The swat walked past them, as they exited the tunnel. The music starts again. The raiders blast the swat, killing all, before running past the camera towards hospital. *Hellsgamers PERP* comes onto screen. Hellsgamers ontop, PERP in bold in the center, and *Create Chaos. Raise Hell* on the bottom. <---- Up to change.

Scene ends. Hellsgamers logo is shown, and it ends.

If you've taken the time to read through that, tell me what you think. It's my idea of what I think would be an epic trailer. Estimated time length of 1 - 1:30 mins.

I know the camera placement can be confusing to describe. I know where I mean, just tell me and I'll try to make it clearer for you.

Someone give me the heads up and I'll start stitching together the beginning shots of city and the car wreck etc on singleplayer.

Also need some fast paced music to put it to. I ain't into that stuff so if someone wants to suggest something go ahead....

so much for coming up with my own. That works nicely.

Really liking this idea and would love to be part of it!! The only thing i noticed monk is when the car chase starts why are th cops forming a barricade behind the raiders in city tunnel when they are headed towards hospital? Shouldn't a roadblock be in front of them? The effort and thought put into this is great Monk and great idea Shift!

• 2 months later...

I can help do this. Some of you may have already seen some of my video edits. So far everyone has liked them. I would use fraps or dxtory if you are thinking of doing this because demo playback tends to break in perp unless it is a short demo. Demo playback also usually lags more than actually playing.