Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Some Problems Need A Fix For It :(

UnPrePared_

So I was a little bit creative today and made my own spray for in CS:S.

I saved it in .JPEG but .JPEG doesn't allow Transparanty in the Image.

Does anyone know how to do this? What kind of format need to save it? .PNG allows it but isn't supported by CS:S which is really a pain in the ass.

Please help me out -sadface-

Kind regards,

UnPrePared_

• Like 1

So I was a little bit creative today and made my own spray for in CS:S.

I saved it in .JPEG but .JPEG doesn't allow Transparanty in the Image.

Does anyone know how to do this? What kind of format need to save it? .PNG allows it but isn't supported by CS:S which is really a pain in the ass.

Please help me out -sadface-

Kind regards,

UnPrePared_

.PNG's convert to .VTF's fine, just ensure that the spray is no larger than 256x256 and is less than 385kb.

You don't need to worry about file size though, the only sprays that get close to that amount are animated ones.

.PNG's convert to .VTF's fine, just ensure that the spray is no larger than 256x256 and is less than 385kb.

You don't need to worry about file size though, the only sprays that get close to that amount are animated ones.

Photoshop doesn't have the option to save it as a .VTF file..

Any suggestion? other programm's you use ?

Photoshop doesn't have the option to save it as a .VTF file..

Any suggestion? other programm's you use ?

There is a Photoshop plugin floating around on the internet; but I don't use it anyways.

Download: http://nemesis.thewa.../vtfedit133.exe

It's called VTFEdit. It's the program used to convert standard image format pictures into .VTF's.

42395c87523b5f9699288d9ddf553eb4.png

After you install the program, open it and go to File > Import > and pick the .PNG you're using as the spray.

e3ed799a4a5e45433569fb6f8306f153.png

Once it's selected, you'll see all this junk. It's unimportant to understand what this all means at first, just copy the same settings over. As you continue to make sprays and experiment; you'll figure it out.

6c5bf6ed2a6208d7a9b516730bcb19c2.png

Now that it's inside of VTFEdit; it may or may not look like it's repeating inside of the editor. It won't appear this way in-game.

f0179e3e5a781e07ed12f61b5c1b51e0.png

Go to File > Save As > and save it to whatever you want but with no spaces. I can't remember if you can have spaces in your spray names but you can try it if you want.

Now just slip the newly created .VTF and .VMT into your materials/vgui/logos folder and set it as your spray in-game.

If you are missing any of the folders in the sentence above; create them.

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat
  • Like 2

There is a Photoshop plugin floating around on the internet; but I don't use it anyways.

Download: http://nemesis.thewa.../vtfedit133.exe

It's called VTFEdit. It's the program used to convert standard image format pictures into .VTF's.

42395c87523b5f9699288d9ddf553eb4.png

After you install the program, open it and go to File > Import > and pick the .PNG you're using as the spray.

e3ed799a4a5e45433569fb6f8306f153.png

Once it's selected, you'll see all this junk. It's unimportant to understand what this all means at first, just copy the same settings over. As you continue to make sprays and experiment; you'll figure it out.

6c5bf6ed2a6208d7a9b516730bcb19c2.png

Now that it's inside of VTFEdit; it may or may not look like it's repeating inside of the editor. It won't appear this way in-game.

f0179e3e5a781e07ed12f61b5c1b51e0.png

Go to File > Save As > and save it to whatever you want but with no spaces. I can't remember if you can have spaces in your spray names but you can try it if you want.

Now just slip the newly created .VTF and .VMT into your materials/vgui/logos folder and set it as your spray in-game.

If you are missing any of the folders in the sentence above; create them.

Yeah, great program. I downloaded it like a minute ago. xD

It came out blurry because the resolution is 178x178.

To fix this you need to change the canvas size to 256x256 inside of Photoshop so that you don't have stretching of the pixels.

It's all fixed though, just slide these into your logos folder.

http://www.mediafire...bt27g/logos.rar

Thanks! it looks great and thanks for the tip :D