Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gaming Laptop..

XxwonderbredxX

YO!

okay. I might wanna buy a new laptop... Because mine is like 4-5 years old, it's slow now.

I wanna spend up to $700 bucks.

I normally play games that don't need anything more than a GTX 670. (CS:S, killing floor, L4D2, CS:GO, BF3) So whatever that converts to a laptop GPU. I want a Nvidia GPU.

I want a i5 Intel. No AMD..

I want a laptop with lighting on the front of it/ keyboard if that's possible. I need it for schooling and pc gaming on the go.

I was looking at Dell XPS's...

Any suggestions...?

Edited by XxwonderbredxX

yeahhh not gonna happen.

Heres a chart http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

To put things in perspective the top performing laptop cards are two tiers below a 670 and are only in laptops that cost at least double what your're paying. And thats not accounting for the throttling that occurs in laptops due to heat and power issues.

• Like 1

$1992 and its ok.

that much money and its only "ok"?

excuse me while i find a problem with dropping 2 grand on a computer and its only ok.

built my pc from parts with an fx8350, 670gtx, 16 gigs ram, only cost me 1100

• 2 weeks later...

Hardcore gaming on a laptop? Sounds crazy to me , go buy you a 300 $ netbook and then a 500$ gaming tower that is upgradeable in the future , when you get money later you can upgrade it to your likings. Dont count AMD out though, the A10 kavari APU is a quad ore CPU with a graphics chip built in (no GPU needed). AMD is so proud of it they are including a copy of battlefield 4 to prove you can run it on a 120$ CPU/GPU combo. you can do a tower build with a A10 APU that will only run you about 350$ shipped inside the US. Go cheap on HDD and Ram and uprgrade it later. you could even add a GPU later on for better performance. I imagine you could run CSGO at 100+ FPS. i run a quad core AMD with a GTX 760 and get over 250+ FPS on CSGO and built for around 800. I also run BF4 at like 50-70 FPS on high setting at 1080p 1920 resolution. About to upgrade to AMD 8350 though. I guess my point is dont invest in a laptop it wont be worth shit in 3 years were as a tower will be upgradable for years to come. Tower over laptop. netbooks at 300$ will do all the schoolwork you need unless your into video editing which i would just go mac in that case