Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Huntsman Controversy

So I happened to get on CSGO today and noticed something was different with my ST M4A4 | Howl. (Mine isn't pictured below but this was best comparison picture I could find)x2bHJ7I.jpg?1%29

After further digging it was discovered that the contributors who submitted this design to the Workshop didn't actually create the skin themselves but they had stolen the idea from a picture on deviant art

http://canisalbus.de...trike-459394075

Here was Steam Response to the DCMA request http://steamcommunit...086783896069815

The Other items now removed from the Case and the new Items added in.

bec37c8aee160cae3cce612e2d442cf9.png

In addition to the weapon skins The sticker skins were also removed/altered.

So congrats to all of you M4A4 Howl Owners Out there. Enjoy your profits.

Also the workshop submitters have recieved SCM Bans and there revenue stream has been cut off.

Edited by (H)
  • Like 3

I think it's insane that any of this happened. Why couldn't valve reverse image search this stuff? Why didn't they just get rid of the skins and replace them with something more valuable? I'm sure they could do this instead of making some dumb contraband label.

I think the profit stuff in any of these games is pretty dumb, though. Making 100$ from spending 10$ in Dota shouldn't happen. It just shouldn't! I shouldn't be able to do these things!

I think it's insane that any of this happened. Why couldn't valve reverse image search this stuff? Why didn't they just get rid of the skins and replace them with something more valuable? I'm sure they could do this instead of making some dumb contraband label.

I think the profit stuff in any of these games is pretty dumb, though. Making 100$ from spending 10$ in Dota shouldn't happen. It just shouldn't! I shouldn't be able to do these things!

to be clear, you can steal an image, put it in photoshop and change the hue by 1% and its untraceable.