Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ads In Zombie Survival

theGerryC

The MOTD for the ZS server now plays an ad before you watch the embedded video.

This is fucking retarded, especially for paying Gold members like myself and is much worse when people realize that the ad comes right before a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive video in the MOTD. So, the video isn't anything relevant to the server.

Can we just remove the embedded video all together?

The ads are what also pays to run the server, and does it really matter that its a CSGO video playing in a Gmod server?

The ads did not play previously. This is a recent change.

You must not know how ad revenue works either, because the amount made from that one ad is likely paltry compared to the donations Gold members give HG.

Gold perks also remove website and in-game chat ads, so why the fuck do I get ear blasted by a Toyota ad every time I join the server?

Gold perks also remove website and in-game chat ads, so why the fuck do I get ear blasted by a Toyota ad every time I join the server?

Question Is Why do you have the Volume so High?

Anyways, They RUn these ads for Money... thats all

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 1

Looks like we're all just HG apologists now

Is it possible to disable the MOTD in GMOD? That's what I would suggest if it's really bothering you. Our TF2 servers have 600 second ads so I just end up disabling the MOTD because it's super annoying listening to a video about a truck driving school.

Is it possible to disable the MOTD in GMOD? That's what I would suggest if it's really bothering you. Our TF2 servers have 600 second ads so I just end up disabling the MOTD because it's super annoying listening to a video about a truck driving school.

From my cursory searches, there is no client-side way to disable an MOTD.

The MOTD for the ZS server now plays an ad before you watch the embedded video.

Its been that way for months, you can either skip the ad or click OK on the MOTD to join into the server. The ad stops playing.

Our TF2 servers have 600 second ads so I just end up disabling the MOTD because it's super annoying listening to a video about a truck driving school.

Same for TF2, there is no forced 600 sec ads, you can click through immediately to join the server. No need to disable the motd.

The ads are what also pays to run the server, and does it really matter that its a CSGO video playing in a Gmod server?

Until the MOTD ads were added to ZS, we were in trouble and had no way of supporting the server with its high popularity, we simply do not have enough GOLD/VIPs. The MOTDs that were implemented in January allow us to support the server.

Please don't uninstall flash or disable the motds on any of our servers, it only hurts the community and our growth. You will always be able to click through and join the game on all our servers without any forced wait time.

• Like 3

Anyways, They RUn these ads for Money... thats all

Why do you have the Volume so High?

whats the problem if he does lol he can play zs at full blast if he wants just saying

people connecting late to the server (if they're dling a map or they lagged out while loading), say, for example, just at wave 1 start, tend to sometimes get killed if the human spawn is close to the zombie's, i suggest disabling video ads (and the whole window altogheter) in a 30 seconds or minute period after the game begins. (the first minute of wave 1) after that time is done, the video ads or window can appear again.

Edited by Irontaco