Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Request $2500! Have Parts Base But Need Input

1. Budget

2500$

2. Brand preferences

Best Quality brands

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

Gaming,Reddit :D:css:

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?

USA newegg/amazon

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

Want all new

6. Do you plan to overlock?

YES but not crazy

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer?

YES 8.1 PRO

I have this parts list mocked up but I think I can improve on it

ASUS DirectCU II GeForce GTX 780 Ti GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Video Card

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011048-WW) Arctic White Cube Computer Case With Side Panel Window

CORSAIR AX series AX860 860W Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 CW-9060014-WW Water Cooler

Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor

[steamprofile][/steamprofile]

To make it easier on yourself go to cyberpowerpc.com then go in there and custom build one and then order parts from Amazon/Newegg if you like. Building it on CyberPower can help you make sure everything you want is compatible with each other. With $2500 you can build a demonic PC lol.

When you get to site, scroll down some and just hit "Customize" on one of the PCs and you can fully build/change it from there!

To make it easier on yourself go to cyberpowerpc.com then go in there and custom build one and then order parts from Amazon/Newegg if you like. Building it on CyberPower can help you make sure everything you want is compatible with each other. With $2500 you can build a demonic PC lol.

When you get to site, scroll down some and just hit "Customize" on one of the PCs and you can fully build/change it from there!

All the parts I picked will work together fine and cyber power up charges a lot for parts and I'd never buy a prebuilt but I can get 2133 ram with cas latency 10 ram for same price which is cool I can't decide two gtx 770s in sli or a gtx 780ti

Edited by xxpotandaxx

All the parts I picked will work together fine and cyber power up charges a lot for parts and I'd never buy a prebuilt but I can get 2133 ram with cas latency 10 ram for same price which is cool I can't decide two gtx 770s in sli or a gtx 780ti

Yea I didn't mean buy it from them, for some it's easier to prebuild on site to see how it peices together, then order from other sites to save $$$

I honestly think running the 780 would be good. Having that nice SSD is gonna be good as well. I love mine, need to order a bigger one though. Also not sure if you ever get videos/music/movies/tvshow but I have a regular 1tb hd in there just for my main downloads so i don't clog my SSD.

Looks like you have a good build though, would like to see pics of it completed!

Yea I didn't mean buy it from them, for some it's easier to prebuild on site to see how it peices together, then order from other sites to save $$$

I honestly think running the 780 would be good. Having that nice SSD is gonna be good as well. I love mine, need to order a bigger one though. Also not sure if you ever get videos/music/movies/tvshow but I have a regular 1tb hd in there just for my main downloads so i don't clog my SSD.

Looks like you have a good build though, would like to see pics of it completed!

I have 2x 1tb Seagate barracudas i was gunna run in Raid 0 I forgot to mention and i was thinking of doing a build log Maybe that might help me not rush build to cause im so exited lol Im giving my self a date too to order so i think about parts I like and yeah i was looking at two 780's but that Might go over my $2500 Budget

But if a game is not optimized for SLI Then it wont scale well and ill basically be using just a 770

But bench marks show it is faster when it works

I've always built Nvidia but this new one I just built is AMD powered. Loving it so far

I was about to choose 2 290x's but then remembered it would probably burn his house down :P.

Edited by Short

I was about to choose 2 290x's but then remembered it would probably burn his house down :P.

I'm running the 290x now =D I love so far, It's not on fire like all claim lol. My house is still standing!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cJnJmG

I'm not really an Intel guy so if someone can find better stuff go for it. No cd drive, because who even uses those anymore?

edit: Just noticed my build is pretty close to your original one :)

Thats a awesome website ! and no I don't need CD drive or HDD I have 2x 1tb drives i can run in raid 0 for games

Just use pcpartpicker.com. Easier, tells you the cheapest places, ect.

I'm running the 290x now =D I love so far, It's not on fire like all claim lol. My house is still standing!!

Non reference or a reference asus jet fighter?

Yeah but some of the people dont have internet when they just finished making the PC. or an other reason

....Who the hell cant get internet when doing a build. Go to a friends house, a library, something and just download the os and the drivers....

Other then that: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KyPkgs

That SSD is a great deal and the eBay seller is super good. Would recommend.

Just use pcpartpicker.com. Easier, tells you the cheapest places, ect.

Non reference or a reference asus jet fighter?

....Who the hell cant get internet when doing a build. Go to a friends house, a library, something and just download the os and the drivers....

Other then that: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KyPkgs

That SSD is a great deal and the eBay seller is super good. Would recommend.

There are other reasons too maybe you need CD to burn or something but it's his choice not to choose one.

Sorry Guys Very Busy week and I don't want a Internal CD Drive i have plenty of external ones laying around if I ever need to burn a disk and I spent my free time working on the build made room for new keyboard and mouse to! :D Went with a 780 cause after tax it really all adds up

Heres my current Build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KDK9t6

Thanks guys!

Sorry Guys Very Busy week and I don't want a Internal CD Drive i have plenty of external ones laying around if I ever need to burn a disk and I spent my free time working on the build made room for new keyboard and mouse to! :D Went with a 780 cause after tax it really all adds up

Heres my current Build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KDK9t6

Thanks guys!

I7 is pointless for just gaming, I5 will suit fine for you.

I want i7 for bragging rights thou

So you want bragging rights eh

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($550.00 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($314.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($152.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($664.99 @ Amazon)

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.99 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($256.99 @ Best Buy)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse ($64.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $2504.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

With this you get 6 cores of i7 power The beloved 780ti and if you remove the display you are sitting at 2247.92 which is 252.08 below what you want to spend. [The display pretty damn good]

Switched the PSU to the V850 Since the CM PSU is just a re-branded Seasonic and Seasonic(Arguably) makes the best PSUs' I have the v700 atm and its fantastic and from what i hear the v850 is even better.

If anything you could spend the extra $252.08 on some Noctua Fans to make your pc run extra chilly

Edited by (H)
  • Like 1

If anything you could spend the extra $252.08 on some Noctua Fans to make your pc run extra chilly

Custom loop yo.

Also I hate sabertooth boards. They are the same as the pro versions with different color scheme. Much less gaming options then the ROG boards (only difference here is sound chipset. Sure there is other stuff like thermal armor and ssd superduperduper speed .2%increase ondatass and the always useful madeupbbridgehsf) ok rant over.

Buttttttttt (booty) I would only get x79 with intent on tri or quad sli and more memory then your heart desires. They are just workstation/superserver boards with gaming stuff written on them.

So you want bragging rights eh

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($550.00 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($314.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($152.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($664.99 @ Amazon)

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.99 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($256.99 @ Best Buy)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse ($64.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $2504.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

With this you get 6 cores of i7 power The beloved 780ti and if you remove the display you are sitting at 2247.92 which is 252.08 below what you want to spend. [The display pretty damn good]

Switched the PSU to the V850 Since the CM PSU is just a re-branded Seasonic and Seasonic(Arguably) makes the best PSUs' I have the v700 atm and its fantastic and from what i hear the v850 is even better.

YES! Thank you! I already bought H440 and H110 and i have monitor :D Thanks 2011 Socket is something i thought i couldn't afford