Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Degroot Needs Admins

Verbal Kint

Recently Degroot has experience quite a bit of new traffic and drama. Long story short the previous vote kick system was not working well for removing harassing or mic spamming players (99% of issue falled in those categories as "hax" on Degroot are almost useless and almost impossible to detect anyways) but it did provide some type of "cap" on negative behavior.

Because some people discovered a fun way to harass people was to constantly put them up for a kick vote, while other late night players "discovered" they & their friends could make HellsGamers Degroot their own private server by vote kicking all the pubs in THEIR server, the Hellsgamers' admins made a good decision to turn off vote kicking. The problem now is every mic spammer, every troll, every N-word slinging big boy has discovered Degroot is now the Wild West, causing all sorts problems, and driving out both casual and regular players.

Degroot needs SOME kind of policing, long time regulars have stopped showing up and are being replaced by bullies and trolls. Whether that be some tweaks to the vote kick system (only allow an individual to call a vote every XXX seconds, increase the percentage of F1 votes to remove, etc) or the training of some new admins that will be on Degroot on a regular basis, something needs to be done as this once fun server is quickly turned into Lord of the Flies.

Not even sure if this was the right forum to post on, if not, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

It is mostly mic harrassment, mic spam, etc.

"Bad" is obviously subjective but it is to the point the harassment drives players away. The mic spam is the worse as it eats the bandwidth (degroot is constantly just on the edge of unplayable lag). Admins have been stopping in a bit more this last week but, as is expected, when they are on, all are on their best behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

Adding more to this topic:

I play on degroot with verbal kint and we do need some sore of presensce. The last week or so has been worse with a single player joining the server and starts harassing people on open mic for the way they play, what they play, and this continues for hours. He has in the past targeted me specifically but has been recently attacking other players such as Asanine Alex, and Bobby B both regulars on the server as well.

post-4201-0-60645000-1410407513_thumb.jpg

Open up your console ( If you don't how press esc > Options > Keyboard > Advanced > Enable console )

Then you typ record "name" (without quotes)

Record all the proof you have (typ stop to stop recording in console), and make a ban report on here > https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php

You just drag your demo from your location file in the dragbox. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf < On default.

You will need the steamID from the bad bad bad kid. Typ status in console and you see the steamID and you ban report is completed.

Adding more to this topic:

I play on degroot with verbal kint and we do need some sore of presensce. The last week or so has been worse with a single player joining the server and starts harassing people on open mic for the way they play, what they play, and this continues for hours. He has in the past targeted me specifically but has been recently attacking other players such as Asanine Alex, and Bobby B both regulars on the server as well.

We are currently giving out admin on that server for those who deserves it, due to the lack of admins on it.

Let me know if you're interested.

• Like 1