Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ray Rice Situation...

Midget

Don't think he should've been kicked out of the NFL for it, big fucking deal. I get that its not right to hit a women but its also not right to hit a man & if he wouldve gotten in a fight with another man he would not have been kicked out of the NFL. She isn't even pressing charges and he definitely apologized and is remorseful about his actions.

• Like 1

People got pissed at the first suspension given out a video happens to leak after 1 week of football, showing what really happened, conveniently right after he tore his achilles and was declared out for the season so he was of no use to the ravens anyway, its weird. tbh i dont like the nfl or the ravens organization changing the punishment because of the new video, he hit her, it was domestic violence, we know, but he got his punishment, also, this is going to suck for other teams who are dealing with domestic violence issues right now, Greg Hardy has an upcoming trial and people are saying "Well just suspend him or put him on paid leave". But the thing is in America our courts live by the standard "Innocent until proven guilty", people are making it guilty until proven innocent because of one case that got caught on video, it's absolutely ridiculous. Now other franchises and eventually other leagues are going to be forced by the public and the media to suspend players even if they may be innnocent, and for Ray Rice I feel bad, because there are probably people who have done alot worse than hit their fiancee or wife one time in an elevator, but they're still in the NFL because it happened to not get caught by a camera.

Self defense? did you see the video?

I did, and here's what I saw.

1) She initiated the first point of contact.

2) Rice then tries to disengage by pushing her away to create space between themselves to help defuse the situation.

3) After moving towards the other side of the elevator, she then aggressively approaches him to reinitialize the confrontation.

That's when Rice hits her, in what I felt was an act of self-defense. It doesn't matter if she's a woman; if she were a man, Rice would still be on the Raven's roster. It's very possible that she's been abusive in the past, which is why she's never filed a lawsuit against him (which would net her a large sum of money), and even married him after the altercation.

What happened was they were having a argument in the elevator. I will admit she was being very aggressive but Rice didn't have to hit her to "defuse" the situation. I mean he could have handled it in a different way that wasn't violence. Also, I don't really understand why she would marry him after that happened to be totally honest... It just doesn't make sense to me.