Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Water Spilled On Keyboard

Kiloo

Don't use rice chances are you'll never get it out.

I assumed you already plugged it in after water made contact so chances are the circuits fried for the space bar. Probably gotta just buy a new one. Next time this happens unplug let it dry for a long time and then if you can get to the circuit board dab some rubbing alcohol on it. This will get the water out. Let it dry some more then plug it in.

You can try this now and it may work but I wouldn't count on it.

(Did this with water on a running graphics card. Got all over the pcb. Unplugged and soaked it in the alcohol with q tips. Waited 24 hours and it worked. Goodluck!)

Don't use rice chances are you'll never get it out.

I assumed you already plugged it in after water made contact so chances are the circuits fried for the space bar. Probably gotta just buy a new one. Next time this happens unplug let it dry for a long time and then if you can get to the circuit board dab some rubbing alcohol on it. This will get the water out. Let it dry some more then plug it in.

You can try this now and it may work but I wouldn't count on it.

(Did this with water on a running graphics card. Got all over the pcb. Unplugged and soaked it in the alcohol with q tips. Waited 24 hours and it worked. Goodluck!)

I unplugged it almost immediately and dried it off really good. If it doesn't work in the mourning, where should i try and rub the alcohol on the circuit board?

I unplugged it almost immediately and dried it off really good. If it doesn't work in the mourning, where should i try and rub the alcohol on the circuit board?

Yeah thats where my experience doesn't really help. See if there is a way to remove the back part of the keyboard or get to the pcb. My k90 has some screws on the back that I assume lead to the pcb. Google a little bit to see how to take it apart safely.

If you get it open and see some black burnt stuff or blown cap (if keyboards have caps that are big enough to see) then its toast.

DISCLAIMER- I AM NOT AN ENGINEER, JUST A FELLOW FUCK UP OF NICE THINGS. My methods are not guaranteed to work or help.

Yeah thats where my experience doesn't really help. See if there is a way to remove the back part of the keyboard or get to the pcb. My k90 has some screws on the back that I assume lead to the pcb. Google a little bit to see how to take it apart safely.

If you get it open and see some black burnt stuff or blown cap (if keyboards have caps that are big enough to see) then its toast.

DISCLAIMER- I AM NOT AN ENGINEER, JUST A FELLOW FUCK UP OF NICE THINGS. My methods are not guaranteed to work or help.

whenever i was cleaning it today, i took it apart. I could not get the circuit board on its own, under the space bar this is what i see ---> http://gyazo.com/d89ef5a1c0e2dfdb583489713e163ac9 (not my keyboard) it doesn't look fried or burnt