Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question

bean-

This is used to mean rubbish, by the young things of today. I've not bothered to say anything about it in the game, but should I? Gay people do play this game (1 in 10 or is it 1 in 5 people are gay?) and they might take offence, but may be worried out speaking out. Not sure what to do here, if a player keeps using it (like last night, or was it the night before?) to mean a poor sniper shot, for example. I'd never use it to mean rubbish etc. but I do come from a medical background, and we're taught to be very careful about these sorts of things (e.g. never say, 'is this your father?', for example, as it'll almost certainly their husband / partner). Anyway, any thoughts?

Using the words "gay" and "fag" are allowed, but if someone's using it maliciously towards another player then that's not allowed, so pretty much falls under disrespect. No need to get offended for other people tho.

Edited by Short
  • Like 1