Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 7 Isn't Going To Work With Directx12

BooT

DirectX 12 will not be supported by Windows 7 - PC Gamer

SOURCE

"Let us also not forget that Microsoft announced this past spring that mainstream support for Windows 7 will come to an end in January 2015."

What is this shit?

So, I am second guessing myself, but this means that if I have Windows 7, I am going to have to upgrade to have a working DirectX12?

Frustrating...

I heard about this :(. At least Windows 7 is the only thing on my SSD so I will probably upgrade to Windows 10. Microsoft should realise that over 50% of Windows users are on 7.

I have my huge Battlefield 4 files all installed on my SSD with Windows 7...

It's gonna be a giant pain in my ass.

This is Microsoft you're talking about.

They cut back on Win7 lifespan due to the want to force people to use the Metro UI on Win8. Win8 failed miserably and has a lifespan till 2016 I think.

Also with win10 on the way its gunna be so much better so upgrade yer OS brah

This is Microsoft you're talking about.

They cut back on Win7 lifespan due to the want to force people to use the Metro UI on Win8. Win8 failed miserably and has a lifespan till 2016 I think.

If they wanted to force people to use Metro UI they wouldn't have added support to boot directly to desktop, and Windows 8 didn't fail miserably, it was made for tablets/touch screens (which I've seen a lot of people using the UI with here) and I've actually enjoyed using it since release. I've also had less problems with 8 than I have with 7.

Everyone huge company does this to their products, it's called planned obsolescence, it's how they make money. Why do you think Apple releases a new OS every year? To get rid of the older phones and make people upgrade.