Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Internet Speed

iAman

Cost me 60$ a month which is not the cheapest(45$ for about 25mbs Down) but well worth it. 3 computers pull off the same router. All wired connections.

Are the people getting these low speeds using wireless>?

4093756470.png

Mine is a wired Connection directly from the Modem/Router (Its an all in one deal.)

• 1 month later...

Just got the upgrade today.. I was paying for 25Mb down which was an old plan with my ISP that shares the name with their newer plan, Preferred, that is 50Mb down but costs a little bit more than what I was paying for the 25.

I asked to be put on the 50Mb plan because it is the same name of my 25Mb plan was that I had been on for months, they decided to give me a 100Mb plan.. First time I'm saying this, I love Cox ;)

I don't know if that tier 1 support guy messed up because that 100Mb plan is a lot more money than what I'm paying now, or if he's just a cool guy.

4231582220.png

(Video Resolution) x FPS divided by 8 bits = Megabits per second. This is the optimum speed you would need for no lag or loss of frame or anything adverse. Above this, does nothing for you. Below it, and you will experience slower gaming, whether you notice it or not.

If you run your video in HD, and assuming you are tweaked for 300 fps which is the target fps, this is the calculation:

Ex: (1920 x 1080) x 300 fps = 622,080,000 divided by 8 bits = 77 mbps Internet speed.

If you don't have a 77mbps internet you can run a lower resolution setting and get the same results. Just depends on your preference.

Notes:

1. no reason to run CS in HD unless you just want too, it does just fine a lower settings.

2. Server tick rate is 128, so unless you have low FPS or an odd refresh rate, you shouldn't miss any ticks. Most screens are 60hz refresh which works good.

3. Servers are IBM with Intel Xeon 2.9ghz dual processor/10 core. Data throughout is Fiber Channel Arrays in the Terabit range. (ex: Crackhouse is 10-20gbps Port speed)

Hope this helps.

please whatever you do, do not follow this

we keep telling you this is complete bullshit yet you keep posting it

Edited by freshyams

(Video Resolution) x FPS divided by 8 bits = Megabits per second. This is the optimum speed you would need for no lag or loss of frame or anything adverse. Above this, does nothing for you. Below it, and you will experience slower gaming, whether you notice it or not.

If you run your video in HD, and assuming you are tweaked for 300 fps which is the target fps, this is the calculation:

Ex: (1920 x 1080) x 300 fps = 622,080,000 divided by 8 bits = 77 mbps Internet speed.

If you don't have a 77mbps internet you can run a lower resolution setting and get the same results. Just depends on your preference.

4231906763.png

i run 300 fps at 1080p checkmate illumantist

• Like 1

please whatever you do, do not follow this

we keep telling you this is complete bullshit yet you keep posting it

I didn't keep posting this it was on here from before like 2 months ago.

If you don't want to follow it, then don't.

I don't give a rats ass.

there is no reason for you to be a troll.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢

I don't keep posting this it was on here from before.

If you don't want to follow it, then don't.

I don't give a rats ass.

there is no reason for you to be a troll.

it's not trolling when the information you give is completely bullshit

but hey, since I play at 1080p with only 15mpbs internet I must miss so many of the servers ticks

it's not trolling when the information you give is completely bullshit

but hey, since I play at 1080p with only 15mpbs internet I must miss so many of the servers ticks

1. It's not "complete bullshit". The calculation is accurate for HD video over Internet; perhaps not so for Steam games, which is why I deleted the other thread after I posted it in January.

2. You are publicly calling out a Clan Member & Admin on the forum in a rude and immature way. I did not "keep posting this"; it was two months ago, and if you didn't agree with it, you could have just messaged me with "hey man I don't think this is right". Suggest improving your mannerism.

Anyway I have removed the OP so you can stop bitching at me about it.

3. no doubt, at 15 mbps you are missing server ticks.

post-24240-0-32473300-1427070898_thumb.png

Fiber to my house compliments of my employer AT&T Uverse.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢