Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:go Build

Hello,

So I want to save up for a new Gaming PC just for CS:GO and some other source games.

I want to reach a consistent 120+ FPS with no drops or anything like walking through a smoke or shooting my gun.

So I was just looking through the internet couldn't find a build for it so I made myself one.

This can be found here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/UnPrePared/saved/#view=CTpMnQ

I think I went a bit on overkill and I want your guys to change it or give me a total new build that can run CS:GO on a stable 120+ FPS.

Can you guys see if everything is compatible with everything and that kind of stuff.

I play 4:3 stretched screen for CS:GO.

I want to have a monitor with 120Hz or 144Hz and I want a SSD to store my OS on it and some other applications.

You might notice you don't see an OS build in it.

Well that's because I can get a legit copy of windows 8.1 via Microsoft dreamspark account since I'm an IT student.

Hope you guys can help me out with choosing parts and make it less overkill as possible.

Edited by UnPrePared_

Get a samsung 850 evo (pro), they are, atleast here in Sweden, almost the same price as a 840 evo but they give you a faster real world experience. I haven't got to buy a samsung 850 evo yet but when I did a couple of hours reading It the information I gathered showed that the 850 is better in every way and there is no reason not to buy it.

PS: you don't need a 970 to run 120 fps, though you can buy Witcher 3 and run it on hopefully medium, that fucking game is freaking heavy!

My whole life I have used a regular qwerty keyboard.

It's not that I want a fancy keyboard.

I just use my laptop keyboard to game with and works perfectly.

I really need to get a cheaper build like 800-1000 ish price range

I meant if you get a k series cpu get a z97 motherboard otherwise you can't overclock via multiplier. Or just get h97 and non k cpu and you'll save a bit.

Edited by Short