Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ssd Installing

XxwonderbredxX

The SSD wont cause that problem its most likely the GPU or the motherboard. The PCI-E slot could be bad but this problem would never result from a SSD. Adding a storage drive will not affect the GPU in any way

Welp explain how the laptop worked perfectly fine before a clean reinstall of windows and now the motherboard is not detecting the AMD card.

Wonder bred has the same problem as I do. (New OS on the SSD and the motherboard is not finding the AMD GPU)

Btw I'm not a fanboy of any product but I have had so many trouble with AMD support and their products.

I think that Intel and Nvidia are a better choice to go with.

Welp explain how the laptop worked perfectly fine before a clean reinstall of windows and now the motherboard is not detecting the AMD card.

Wonder bred has the same problem as I do. (New OS on the SSD and the motherboard is not finding the AMD GPU)

Btw I'm not a fanboy of any product but I have had so many trouble with AMD support and their products.

I think that Intel and Nvidia are a better choice to go with.

Coinsidence, that can't happen. Are you on windows 7 or 8.1?

Edited by Short

Explain why the computer is not working? kind of hard to do while its not in front of me. I am giving an educated guess as to why the GPU wont show up.

The SSD is working fine, It wont have any affect on the GPU other then storing the Drivers your GPU needs. You installed windows and it booted. There is no problem here

The problem from what i can see and read seems to be that the motherboard is not picking up the graphics card. The fans spin on it which make me believe that card is still fine but it could be the problem.

Computer parts can fail and from the sounds of it your PCI-E slot is not working properly.

If i were you i would take my GPU and try it in your friends system. That will let you know if its the GPU or not.

I assume its your motherboard because its not picking up your GPU or your friends GPU all while the SSD is going strong...

What would help us a lot is if you listed the Motherboard and GPU you are using. Then i could google those specific parts to see if anyone else is having the same problem with that hardware. Computers do fail from time to time though, last year a RAM slot on my MOBO went bad for an reasons i do not know. But it happened and had to be replaced.

Go try the GPU in another PC and dont waste your time sending back the SSD, plugging in a different SSD wont help your MOBO pick up the GPU

Explain why the computer is not working? kind of hard to do while its not in front of me. I am giving an educated guess as to why the GPU wont show up.

The SSD is working fine, It wont have any affect on the GPU other then storing the Drivers your GPU needs. You installed windows and it booted. There is no problem here

The problem from what i can see and read seems to be that the motherboard is not picking up the graphics card. The fans spin on it which make me believe that card is still fine but it could be the problem.

Computer parts can fail and from the sounds of it your PCI-E slot is not working properly.

If i were you i would take my GPU and try it in your friends system. That will let you know if its the GPU or not.

I assume its your motherboard because its not picking up your GPU or your friends GPU all while the SSD is going strong...

What would help us a lot is if you listed the Motherboard and GPU you are using. Then i could google those specific parts to see if anyone else is having the same problem with that hardware. Computers do fail from time to time though, last year a RAM slot on my MOBO went bad for an reasons i do not know. But it happened and had to be replaced.

Go try the GPU in another PC and dont waste your time sending back the SSD, plugging in a different SSD wont help your MOBO pick up the GPU

Yeah, PCI-E slots don't work I guess. I tried my card in both, and my friends card in both. Both did not work. Fans spun on both and lights were on.

So the mobo:( Should I contact ASUS and tell them my problem and see what they say I should do? I don't know if mine is under warranty or not. I'll have to find out.

Yeah, PCI-E slots don't work I guess. I tried my card in both, and my friends card in both. Both did not work. Fans spun on both and lights were on.

So the mobo:( Should I contact ASUS and tell them my problem and see what they say I should do? I don't know if mine is under warranty or not. I'll have to find out.

Your GPU did not work in your friends PC?

I still also have no idea what GPU you are using, the only reason i know what motherboard is because you linked that bios page. Help us help you. I need to know what hardware you are using( already asked this question twice). Reason why? So i can check that everything is even compatible with each other.

I understood that but what i saying is you should try your GPU out on his MOBO then we can at least rule out the idea of having a bad GPU

OHHH! alright, I'll do that next week after finals week (which is this week)

I still also have no idea what GPU you are using, the only reason i know what motherboard is because you linked that bios page. Help us help you. I need to know what hardware you are using( already asked this question twice). Reason why? So i can check that everything is even compatible with each other.

Oh shit! My bad G.

ASUS GTX 650 Ti 1GB

ASUS Z77 Extreme 4 MOBO.

Seasonic X-SERIES 650W GOLD Power supply

Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz

And the same RAM you have in your sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the GPU is not bad first and then go from there. Sounds like the MOBO to me though. If you want some more educated opinions i would make forum acccount at teksyndicate.com or tomshardware.com those are the two places i use when i have trouble

OKAY. Graphics card WORKS! and for a 650ti it plays GTA 5, Street fighter, Mortal Combat, Tomb raider, and Dying light, all on Med+ settings. lol.

I'll call up ASUS and see what they can tell me about my mobo. Maybe there's warranty on it or some shit.

OKAY. Graphics card WORKS! and for a 650ti it plays GTA 5, Street fighter, Mortal Combat, Tomb raider, and Dying light, all on Med+ settings. lol.

I'll call up ASUS and see what they can tell me about my mobo. Maybe there's warranty on it or some shit.

You fixed the issue ?

Odds are if they will fix it you will have to ship it out(costs you money(20$)) and wait weeks most likely to get it returned. If you want a recommendation on a good motherboard let me know. I personally could not wait that long but i am the most impatient person on earth. Glad to hear everything is working other then that

You fixed the issue ?

Nope, I found out my Card works, so that wasn't the problem. So now I'm contacting ASUS.

Odds are if they will fix it you will have to ship it out(costs you money(20$)) and wait weeks most likely to get it returned. If you want a recommendation on a good motherboard let me know. I personally could not wait that long but i am the most impatient person on earth. Glad to hear everything is working other then that

That's their support shit, http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA I'm out of that one year period. :( would it be a BIOS problem? Or a hardware problem?

Do this for me.

Restart the pc go into the bios and look in the corners or the bottom to find the revision number of the bios.

It is usually written as "Rev 1.2.2" or whatever. Once you get that post it here and i'll find the update for you.

There is a chance that they fixed your issue with a bios update which means you will have to flash it to the latest. This process is relatively easy, but there is a chance of bricking the motherboard. When this happens you can usually send it back to the manufacturer and they can fix it. I have heard of companies doing this out of warranty, but the chances of this happening are slim so I wouldn't worry about it. But if this doesn't work then I'd trash the board and buy another.

Flashing usually fixes issues like this so keep your head up!

Do this for me.

Restart the pc go into the bios and look in the corners or the bottom to find the revision number of the bios.

It is usually written as "Rev 1.2.2" or whatever. Once you get that post it here and i'll find the update for you.

There is a chance that they fixed your issue with a bios update which means you will have to flash it to the latest. This process is relatively easy, but there is a chance of bricking the motherboard. When this happens you can usually send it back to the manufacturer and they can fix it. I have heard of companies doing this out of warranty, but the chances of this happening are slim so I wouldn't worry about it. But if this doesn't work then I'd trash the board and buy another.

Flashing usually fixes issues like this so keep your head up!

Doesn't show anything in bios about the version