Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Remove Vertigo Completely

komodoh

Everyday and every map there are people spamming "vote map 92" and its out of control. Vertigo itself is a population killer and people continue to try and play it every time the server changes maps. Since literally no one enforces rule 3 and the people who incite and spam the most are the HG members and recruits, I don't see this problem being fixed unless the map is removes entirely

this is all the console and the chat almost all the time

fc86fa319a.jpg

For the love of god, please remove this map.

Edited by Komodoh
  • Like 4

Vertigo is a popular map and generally speaking population doesn't significantly change when it is selected. If you have specific problems which can be address you can always file a bug report or make a suggestion.

As far as Rule #3 is concerned, votemap was created for players to select the maps they want to play, so I don't see why utilizing it would break that rule which is primarily designed to prevent people from spamming votemap individually.

votemap was created for players to select the maps they want to play

It was made to change the map in case it breaks or someone is exploiting. It was never meant for people to choose randomly when they wanted. There's a quote somewhere, _impakt will tell you the same.

And the problem isn't the individuals themselves, its the people spamming and telling them to vote. It gets out of hand real fast.

• Like 1

+1. Not to the whole idea of spam and shit, but rather just removing the map.

It's fucking terrible. It's overplayed and puts every other map out of the equation.

And it kills off the population when it's played. You could go from a full server to a half full server JUST from playing this map.

And also add more less played maps into the roster, or just update the roster to include more maps. My map hasn't been in the roster for months and people generally like it....

we vote vertigo because people are a bit fed up of always doing the same map

If we add 15 new map it can solve the problem, no?

see what he said ^ and seems about 20-30 same maps and boring the map.

u see people are spamming votemap 92 etc because they love good the map for a obj but i did drop over 50 grims/adonis/boomsticks and more fun than other shit map.

• Like 2

I will admit it is becoming less of an annoyance and more a problem. People are spamming votemap for vertigo (specifically just vertigo). Stemming from the !votemap 92, we have other players spamming (hence bypassing the anti chat spam) for everyone else to !votemap 92. Once played, you can see from chat the mentality players who are turned into zombies: they quit.

Not in the sense that they disconnect. The "huge population loss" now means that while the players do not d/c, they will afk and then come back, move around, score a brain or 2, rinse and repeat. The only reason why zombies ever win is because of the sheer difference in the skill level the map demands and actual player skill.

When there are almost a majority dead, people will inevitably come back for a few minutes to do some damage before afking again. Should we completely remove vertigo? Votemap function? It depends. Personally, this would not be as much of a problem as it is now if the server were more regulated.

• Like 1

vertigo is a classically fun map. you can argue about population but the fact of the matter is this server will still continue to have high population regardless and you can make the same argument for several other maps or for a lot of players in general.

There are usually about 5 try hard zombies who want boss while the rest are mindless idiots. nothing really gets accomplished on the zombie side until a decent spawn is set up or some boss goes rambo on the humans. some just afk or quit when they die no matter what the map is.

and another note for obj maps, head crabs are pretty much the best way to win since all you have to do is get a human stuck and its gg.

honestly, i agree with soldier of 4 chan. just add it back on the rotation but only have it come on every so often. people only spam votemap for it because thats the only way it ever gets played.

bottom line, server needs some fresh maps. there's quite a few already on there that are pretty decent but never get played due to being off the rotation.

Edited by IMI4tth3w
  • Like 2

What's the reason for choosing v12 over v13/14 ?

v13 has malicious triggers targeted towards hg and will never be played here.

v14 is a more difficult version that i think is quite good and gives zombies a better chance. Makes it less of a point whore map for humans.

Edited by IMI4tth3w

• 2 months later...

Why not just get someone to make Ogitrev? It would be the HG community's creation and we can do whatever we want with it. We still need ideas, post to the thread.

because maps aren't made in a day by a "community" but by one or two people who know what they are doing. especially for what you are asking. vertigo has COUNTLESS hours of mapping into it by an experienced mapper. feel free to go watch some youtube videos and get to work on it yourself.

because maps aren't made in a day by a "community" but by one or two people who know what they are doing. especially for what you are asking. vertigo has COUNTLESS hours of mapping into it by an experienced mapper. feel free to go watch some youtube videos and get to work on it yourself.

I've actually been working on it when my electricity lets me, and I understand that. People on the server want something like it, so may as well start now.