Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Blue Screen Error

KarmaOfPain

So whenever I'm playing a game I get a blue screen 90% of the time. The error code is 0x00000116. Drivers are all updated and I already tried unplugging and plugging it back in. I'm wondering if it is just my GPU dying out or something like that since I've had this GPU for 2 years. These are my specs http://gyazo.com/cb8bcb4a5f44446a318631321e7c11b6

tldr the error indicates that graphics driver stopped responding to windows

try uninstalling and reinstalling any drivers, or try out amds beta drivers

amd drivers are usually pretty bad so it isn't surprising they are causing an issue

if all else fails install a windows 10 insider build Looks like you're already on an insider build according to your picture. AMD has released actual windows 10 drivers so install those if you have not already. As always, try updating to the latest build and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Quadcore

The last few series of AMD cards have been notoriously unreliable going as far back as the 7000 series (shit outta luck).

Multiple problems exist with the 7000 series and I'm not surprised your getting BSoD constantly.

Another thing to note is that AMD drivers haven't been WHQL'd for at least 2 years. The last driver WHQL'd was 12.13 . So it's pretty much a guarantee their drivers are fucked right out of the box. Just a question of when.

Also it's not hard to have them WHQL certified. nVidia do it for every driver update they do and their track record for updates is very good and prompt.

Also having Win10 with non-WHQL drivers will pretty much guarantee death on arrival. So yeah, join the green camp like I'm doing very soon.

• Like 1

I've been using Radeons for awhile, Use the beta catalyst driver for windows 10. If you still have issues use the catalyst driver from 2014 of December and use 7/8. Everyone on the techie forums that use Radeon recommend that.

EDIT: After doing some research to a few techie sites i belong to. People using your card recommend sticking with Win8. Even AMD recommends using WIN7/8 till they get a stable release issued once 10 is out because of how unstable it is.

Edited by Bellicus
  • Like 1

The last few series of AMD cards have been notoriously unreliable going as far back as the 7000 series (shit outta luck).

Multiple problems exist with the 7000 series and I'm not surprised your getting BSoD constantly.

Another thing to note is that AMD drivers haven't been WHQL'd for at least 2 years. The last driver WHQL'd was 12.13 . So it's pretty much a guarantee their drivers are fucked right out of the box. Just a question of when.

Also it's not hard to have them WHQL certified. nVidia do it for every driver update they do and their track record for updates is very good and prompt.

Also having Win10 with non-WHQL drivers will pretty much guarantee death on arrival. So yeah, join the green camp like I'm doing very soon.

nope nope nope nope and nope

AMD has actually had Windows 10 drivers out for the last little while. The drivers were a little buggy at first, but not to say my experience with nvidias Windows 10 drivers have been so great either. http://www.anandtech...10-support-more

The 7xxx cards are actually really good, lots of people have 7xxx cards or the cards that were based off of them with no problems at all. I know lots of people still using these cards with no problems except for the fact that the 7xxx cards are a bit outdated now.

Edited by Quadcore

So much false trash right here lmao.

1. WHQL really means nothing much other then they paid to have it run through microsofts tests and deemed compatible, nvidia has had whql drivers that stopped fans working (not bashing but just shows that it means nothing). Amd's last whql was the omega drivers (around 6 months ago I think) and just put out one today.

2.Been using a 280x (7970) for a few years now and before that 6850s and never had issues.

3.Have been running 10 with the "engineering sample" drivers for awhile without issue, so more bullshit.

• Like 2

Forgot to mention, I downgraded to windows 7. I updated the drivers to the latest one. Currently stress testing.

Did you clean install or just downgrade to 7? Stuff could of gotten a bit weird during the upgrade and the downgrade. My first attempt to upgrade to build 10074 just failed completely and was able to boot back into 7.

1. WHQL really means nothing much other then they paid to have it run through microsofts tests and deemed compatible, nvidia has had whql drivers that stopped fans working (not bashing but just shows that it means nothing). Amd's last whql was the omega drivers (around 6 months ago I think) and just put out one today.

can confirm

Edited by Quadcore

So much false trash right here lmao.

2.Been using a 280x (7970) for a few years now and before that 6850s and never had issues.

3.Have been running 10 with the "engineering sample" drivers for awhile without issue, so more bullshit.

I stand corrected then on WHQL drivers. I was under the impression they weren't still. Apologies.

I have run 10 with Sapphire's 7870 and it had no issues. But went back to Win8 and there's a whole asortment of issues. Artifacts all over the place, and constant. But that'd be due to the card itself having bad memory. I'll link to it as a source once I find it. (Running same 15.5 driver.)

I stand corrected then on WHQL drivers. I was under the impression they weren't still. Apologies.

I have run 10 with Sapphire's 7870 and it had no issues. But went back to Win8 and there's a whole asortment of issues. Artifacts all over the place, and constant. But that'd be due to the card itself having bad memory. I'll link to it as a source once I find it. (Running same 15.5 driver.)

No ones stopping you from RMAing your card if it has bad memory. Just because your AMD card has a problem doesn't mean everyone else does too.

I have a 650ti, so no fanboy pls

No ones stopping you from RMAing your card if it has bad memory. Just because your AMD card has a problem doesn't mean everyone else does too.

I have a 650ti, so no fanboy pls

Well I would RMA but seeing as an entire line of their cards were bad, I wouldn't chance biting the bullet and going for it.

And you have to understand we can't really just RMA it. EU has different policies and Ireland does even more so due to the technology sector still being backward and having backward laws governing it, so it's actually harder to RMA (for me personally, I can't speak for everyone else).

If those two problems didn't exist, then I'd do so.

But it's not the first set of AMD cards that I've seen or heard about that have this QC issue from their vendors.

Getting my sources now...

Well looks like I still crashed after updating to the latest AMD drivers. 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem and I am just going to have to replace my GPU. Going to use this sad Kirby since I won't be able to do that for another 4-6 months, looks like I will only play casual games now. Thanks for the help everyone!